Any ideas how to mount my gps without the bracket?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Con

Über Member
Ok I've got a memory map 250 gps thingy mounted on one of my bikes but I want to be able to swap it from one bike to the other so it will be on whatever bike I'm riding. I thought I'd just be able to buy another mounting bracket but I can't find one anywhere I've even been on the snooper website and can't find one. It's mounted with 2 cable ties so unless I keep cutting them off I can't think of an alternative. I've looked at smartphone holders but they are too big as it's only 82mm I'm using a big elastic band at the moment but it looks terrible. Any ideas anyone ?
20190601_171223.jpg

T4tomo

Guru
Contact the company who makes it and ask them?

pawl

Legendary Member
I bought a handle bar mount for mobile phones some time ago.Cant remember exactly the company, may have been Amazon Google mobile phone holder for cycles.quite a few suppliers come up.

Sharky

Guru
Not sure what they are called, but can you get some reuseable zip ties. Bit like chain quick links, they have elongated hole and you push the other end through and tighten it up. To undo, you just twist and pull them apart.

Reactions: Con

vickster

Legendary Member
Flog it, get a garmin?

After you've phoned Snooper customer services and confirmed you can't get more mounts from them

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
As above, but go one step better and get a Wahoo.

OP
OP
Con

Con

Über Member
Flog it, get a garmin?

After you've phoned Snooper customer services and confirmed you can't get more mounts from them
I would but I'm far too tight. I only got that one because my £4.99 Ebay speedo stopped working and this one was half price at £24.99.

robgul

Legendary Member
You can buy the "male" connector that is part of the back of a Garmin (on ebay, of course) - glue it to the back of your unit and you then have almost infinite choice with Garmin twist & turn to lock mounts. (I have a Garmin GPS but have mounted a light with one - works a treat)

Rob

OP
OP
Con

Con

Über Member
You can buy the "male" connector that is part of the back of a Garmin (on ebay, of course) - glue it to the back of your unit and you then have almost infinite choice with Garmin twist & turn to lock mounts. (I have a Garmin GPS but have mounted a light with one - works a treat)

Rob
You know what I was just thinking about that l looked on Ebay and they're only £2.99 and the mounts aren't much more.

OP
OP
Con

Con

Über Member
Hey I think I've sorted it with the help of some araldite and an old bracket I found in the "big box of bike bits that might come in useful one day " I just glued them together now it's just a few turns of a screwdriver and Bob's your uncle.
20190603_170630.jpg

Top Bottom