Any ideas how to refill Sarsons vinegar bottle (see photo)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Well if it's a jar, how can you stop the air escaping ?

*boom tish*
Fill it with vinegar, leaving no room for air.

classic33

Leg End Member
No no no.....you are confusing me :blush:.
Between you, @MikeG @Milkfloat and many others (too many to mention) there have been many wonderous suggestions.
Sadly only one of them can work ......unless I re-insert the bung/stopper thingy (which I wont be doing).
I wont mention names but I did feel a certain Mr Milkfloat was protecting his rear end. Just sayin like^_^.
I am thinking (only thinking) of having an ARS award for the eventual winner (About Removing Sarsons stopper).
If you're not planning on re-inserting the bung/stopper, will you be pouring the recycled vinegar out of it.

IF you are going to be leaving the bung/stopper out, why go to such lengths to remove it. Use a drill and just drill it out. Quick, easy and effective.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
If you're not planning on re-inserting the bung/stopper, will you be pouring the recycled vinegar out of it.

IF you are going to be leaving the bung/stopper out, why go to such lengths to remove it. Use a drill and just drill it out. Quick, easy and effective.
But I am planning to reinsert it... after filling it with pickled onion vinegar.

Ohh my head hurts :sad:

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
20190103_111352.jpg
@classic33 I hope you can sleep at night now.
It was a bit of a faff getting the blade in without slicing part of my thumb off but once in the bung/insert thingymajig came out easily.
Thanks to everyone for your wonderous ideas and suggestions...... and of course to @Paulus for the suggestion that I actually used ^_^

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I tried to.....really I did. But with one hand holding the bottle, the other hand wielding a 10 inch serated razor sharp hunting knife and the phone in me gob.....I failed miserably:rolleyes:

Now that could have got some hits on YouTube - although it may have to be X rated when you lose a finger.

Top Bottom