Any jazz fans near Deal?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Yeah...but never at the right time it seems....

Deal or no deal

Drago

Legendary Member
Or performing to your laptop and then mixing it with other musicians, releasing it online which nobody pays for and having to do something else for a living.
(I get your joke but both my sons have had a really crap 18 months)
Thats exactly what our band have had to do with Bandlab. To be fair, it worked well, and the end result is we're pretty synced with one another as players, although it wasn't the most exciting way to pracrice. On the plus side its given us enough material for a CD. One more studio session this week, and out first gig at the end of the month.

You won't need a dinner jacket and opera glasses to come see us. We're a little more jeans and T shirt than that, but then ive zero interest in earning a living at it. Im at it for the craic, and the adoration of the frustrated middle aged housewives :laugh:

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Anyhoo, jazz has been ,mentioned an no one has posted the obligatory...

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Anyhoo, jazz has been ,mentioned an no one has posted the obligatory...

View attachment 597438

I see your band's name, King Pigeon, has already been taken by a band from Germany.

I can't see you getting sued, but it might make it difficult if you want to promote your gigs on facebook or start a website or YouTube channel.

Drago

Legendary Member
The name was gifted to is when we set up the group on Bandlab, and none of us dislike it enough to change it, We don't make any money beyond occasional contribution towards expenses, so if the German band wish to use us for the loss of earnings that we don't accrue then they can be my guest.

Between the 5 of us were pretty well networked by word of mouth, so have a con club, 2 pubs and a wedding booked already, without the need for Faecesbook. The studio we use also give us a little exposure and were getting enquiries via that route. Were a bunch of fat rippling torso'd, balding, middle and men doing it for a laugh, and none of us take it seriously enough to fanny about with social media or websites. Jf we were younger and trying to get our big break in the music business then that might be different, but were not.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I take it the idea is to flog a few CDs, given you've gone to the trouble of making them.

Some bands do that at gigs.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I see your band's name, King Pigeon, has already been taken by a band from Germany.

I can't see you getting sued, but it might make it difficult if you want to promote your gigs on facebook or start a website or YouTube channel.
Just a simple mod and there's no issue....
Ladies and Gentlemen - F'king Pigeon....

Sharky

Guru
Leave an oxygen cylinder at the top :-)

There's a lovely route from St Margarets down to Deal (either on or off-road as you wish) and then continue along to Sandwich on the ancient highway....
We've explored quite a lot of the Kent coast over the last 10 years. Our daughter's care home was in Dover for about 6 years and after dropping her off each week, we stayed in the area. Probably exploring cafes more than natural beauties', but liked the NT cafe on the White Cliffs and the walk to the lighthouse and also went down the Fan Bay war tunnels, the pre-radar WW1 sound mirrors and walked down the Zig Zag Steps to the bottom of the cliffs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom