Any jobs need doing over Christmas holidays?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I will be replacing a handrail post and handrail sometime before January 9th. Also, laying down some anti slip roll on the drive as it can be dangerous due to the slope. My wife fell down a couple of times and keeps moaning about it. Don't intend to start until the end of the week though.

Hopefully your wife can learn to keep her feet and quit her complaining...

Slick

Guru
Gutted the garage yesterday, so feel quite good about that. I do have a bit of garden that's far too wet and I'm planning on just digging it up and chippi g it. Only a 50 50 chance that gets dine on this holiday.:becool:

D

Deleted member 26715

Having just finished a a 30Msq house extension along with a full new kitchen, block paving down the side of the house, decking all across the back of the house, a cupboard move, a boiler move & a chop all plaster off, board out & skim along with new floor of a bedroom I don't want to do anything else now for months possibly years, but the wife has other ideas.

jongooligan

Legendary Member
Having just finished a a 30Msq house extension along with a full new kitchen, block paving down the side of the house, decking all across the back of the house, a cupboard move, a boiler move & a chop all plaster off, board out & skim along with new floor of a bedroom I don't want to do anything else now for months possibly years, but the wife has other ideas.

kinell! You have a 30 metre squared extension? How big is the rest of your mansion?

Tin Pot

Guru
Clear out the garage, clear out a couple of bedrooms too if I can.

Anyone want some non functioning ovens for Christmas?

screenman

Legendary Member
Clinic stripped out yesterday, two coats on ceiling this morning, first coat going on walls now. I have been told that I am having tomorrow off, we will see. After that who knows, maybe my office, maybe the garage.

D

Deleted member 26715

kinell! You have a 30 metre squared extension? How big is the rest of your mansion?
Erm well the extension I suppose really was only 3x6m so 18Msq (outside measurement) but all the existing dining room & kitchen was affected & now the room is 5x6. 20 or even 10 years ago it would have been a breeze, but it was a struggle this time, I don't feel I'm getting old until I try to do something I would have easily done sometime ago.

Top Bottom