any lights on sale at your Aldi?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mrsbaggins

went to my Aldi this morning as a couple of mates wanted some of the LEd lights but they had not had a delievry of thse. Were they available at ANY branches?

luther

went to my Aldi this morning as a couple of mates wanted some of the LEd lights but they had not had a delievry of thse. Were they available at ANY branches?

Didn't see any at mine (Hounslow)..... there was one pack of LED reflective bands though...

davefb

Guru
ahh not just me then :smile:...

none in manchester market street at 9am... or at least, weren't obvious..

got the arm band things, 'bargain' at 4 quid..

Moodyman

Legendary Member
None in Didsbury branch - TBH you are not missing anything, they are rubbish

Agreed.

Out of their cycling gear, the lights are the one poor product. This year's looks the same as previous years which were naff.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I got some Lidl/Aldi lights a couple of years ago - and hardly used them, they were such mince. :thumbsdown:

My most recent purchase - front and rear light - was this, which must be one of the bargains of the year :thumbsup:. Even if you only use the flashy mode, it's bright. :blink: The holder is decent too.

The rear one is very strange - it really is cheap'n'nasty and the clip doesn't fit any seatpost I have; nor a seat stay; nor the back of a rack .... but the light has lots of exciting flashy modes :rolleyes:.

For £5.60, it's hard to beat and shows that the price of LEDs is coming down fast ....

biffosbats

None in York - but from the leaflet picture, they look exactly like some "RAC" branded ones I bought last year, which were pretty dire even as backups...

None in Birmingham South (several stores) heard the 'manager' say they hadn't been delivered.......seems fairly general....

Other stuff they have in Aldi this week is pretty good though

winter bib tights with water repellant bits, supposed to be windproof too - 12.99 - minimum 5 or 6 times this price elsewhere - have to say the seat padding bit looks more like armour plating (or a dead armadillo) than comfy chamois-inspired cushioning but hey.....

Soft-shell windproof, water risistant 'winter cycling jacket' is a bargain and well smart at 14.99

Why pay more and who cares if it says Aldi or Lidl on the till receipt. Have found most of the stuff these stores sell to be reasonable quality, some exceptions of course (as with ANY retailer) but if you are not professional but a leisure/semi serious cyclist, 80 per cent of the stuff is excellent value for money. Why pay 30-40 quid for a long sleeved jersey when you can have one for 8.99?

Happy shopping
Biffosbats

Top Bottom