Any metallurgists out there?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I bought a £6 metal case card holder/wallet on Amazon to replace the five year old plastic one held together with parcel tape. It came in the post yesterday, and I'm impressed. The problem is that it has a mirror finish which means that I catch a fleeting view of my ugly face every time I pick it up. It's really bad for morale.

The good people who sent it to me said that is was made of aluminium. It feels more like steel to me. Anyway, how can I get rid of the mirror finish? Acid? Sodium chloride? Obviously, abrasives would work but I fancy some hubbling and a' bubbling. All suggestions welcome......and no, don't suggest "aesthetic surgery".:okay:

Thank you.
new wallet.jpg

BTW, it looks a bit like Commander Bond's cigarette case.

Also BTW, I'm not sure what Ms. Wubbel is doing there, but it looks like skiing at it's finest.

Attachments

• Wubbel.png
    Wubbel.png
    205.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
I bought a £6 metal case card holder/wallet on Amazon to replace the five year old plastic one held together with parcel tape. It came in the post yesterday, and I'm impressed. The problem is that it has a mirror finish which means that I catch a fleeting view of my ugly face every time I pick it up. It's really bad for morale.

The good people who sent it to me said that is was made of aluminium. It feels more like steel to me. Anyway, how can I get rid of the mirror finish? Acid? Sodium chloride? Obviously, abrasives would work but I fancy some hubbling and a' bubbling. All suggestions welcome......and no, don't suggest "aesthetic surgery".:okay:

Thank you.
View attachment 442712

BTW, it looks a bit like Commander Bond's cigarette case.

Also BTW, I'm not sure what Ms. Wubbel is doing there, but it looks like skiing at it's finest.

Matt paint?

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Go at it with some Wet & Dry?

Or leave it out in the garden all winter to allow it to weather naturally..

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Have you considered Fablon..?
Nothing like a good vinyl wrap.

Top Bottom