any one ski?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

Lived in Val d'Isere for 6 months when I was 21. What a time I had there i'll tell you.

Not been anywhere for a few years. Mrs G has never fancied it but she seems to be coming round to the idea. Just trying to get a group together now for a week in Feb hopefully. Not holding out much hope though as people are moaning at the cost.

GilesM

Legendary Member
Off to Courchevel / La Tania in early March, should be good.

Greedo said:
Lived in Val d'Isere for 6 months when I was 21. What a time I had there i'll tell you.

Not been anywhere for a few years. Mrs G has never fancied it but she seems to be coming round to the idea. Just trying to get a group together now for a week in Feb hopefully. Not holding out much hope though as people are moaning at the cost.

A group of us have done a cheapo version by driving down and staying at a cheap hotel in the Isere valley and driving to the resort each day. If you're prepared to put up with the travelling, Bourg can be a cheap place to stay.

U

User482

Patrick Stevens said:
A group of us have done a cheapo version by driving down and staying at a cheap hotel in the Isere valley and driving to the resort each day. If you're prepared to put up with the travelling, Bourg can be a cheap place to stay.

Bourg St Maurice also has a funicular railway linking it to Les Arcs.

Greedo

I know what you're saying. Would be cheaper but a lot have never really skied apart from me.

I like to be in the resort as well though. I think that's more of the fun going out at night and getting all wrapped up and walking home from the pub in the snow. Just a big romantic at heart me xx(

Patrick Stevens said:

Greedo said:
I know what you're saying. Would be cheaper but a lot have never really skied apart from me.

I like to be in the resort as well though. I think that's more of the fun going out at night and getting all wrapped up and walking home from the pub in the snow. Just a big romantic at heart me :laugh:

Ahem, I'm not sure if it is cheaper now. This is the place we stayed at the first time we went.

http://www.le-monal.com/

I remember eating a staggeringly good snail stew. It seems to have gone a tad up market since.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I WANT TO GO NOW!!! Just reading this thread makes me want to go!!!

Top Bottom