Any one up for a real challenge?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Now that is mental! 238km and over 5000m of climbing! :thumbsup:

I think 4 years training is required for that one!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I'd love to be good enough to do it .... but probably wouldn't even then ;).

All the best to Mrs HJ's cousin - so that's where she gets it from :evil:

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
scoosh said:
I'd love to be good enough to do it .... but probably wouldn't even then :tongue:.

All the best to Mrs HJ's cousin - so that's where she gets it from ;)

She was the one who got him started, took him on his first cycle tour at the age of 10 (that was 20 years ago)...

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Well Mrs HJ cousin completed the ride in 11:30:40, he said it was a great ride. Looking at the finishers stats, there were only four entrants from the UK this year and one of those had a distinctly German name. So anyone going to fly the flag next year?

akaAndrew

....very interested indeed. It looks brilliant. CC team by any chance? No advantages (that I can see from my cursory glance) to being in a team but it's a thought. Minimum of 5 per team.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
HJ said:
Well Mrs HJ cousin completed the ride in 11:30:40, he said it was a great ride. Looking at the finishers stats, there were only four entrants from the UK this year and one of those had a distinctly German name. So anyone going to fly the flag next year?
He must have a very comfy saddle :rofl: .... or a very sore ..... :rofl:

Well done he :ohmy:

I really would love to do something like this. However, with my third child on the way, I have a feeling that training time may be a little limited for a wee while...:ohmy:

bonj2

akaAndrew said:
....very interested indeed. It looks brilliant. CC team by any chance? No advantages (that I can see from my cursory glance) to being in a team but it's a thought. Minimum of 5 per team.

could meet up and share accomodation, might get a discount.

anybody else?

I've put my email address on the newsletter sign up box so hopefully they'll let me know when you can enter for 2010.

bonj2

hmm... i'd not thought of driving... how long do you think it would take to drive there?
I was thinking train, but that might be more of a pain in the arse than driving...
do you think it would be better to go hull-zeebrugge/rotterdam, or via calais?

Greenbank

Über Member
If you want hilly events then look for Grimpeur Audax rides.

They'll probably be a lot easier to get to than the Alps (as long as you live near some real hills).

Plus you can start off with a shorter 100km ride (still with 2000m+ of climbing usually).

http://www.audax.uk.net/ then click on Calendar, then select "AAA only" as the ride type and hit "Show".

If you need/want time to train, and want a real challenge, then consider the Midlander Super Grimpeur from Sutton Coldfield. 26th June 2010. 300km and 5390m of climbing. Stunning ride, across the length of the Peak District, twice, and I certainly felt the hills when I did it this year. :evil:

yello

bonj said:
could meet up and share accomodation, might get a discount

Hopefully by then I'll have a camper van so that'll be my accommodation sorted!

Greenbank said:
If you want hilly events then look for Grimpeur Audax rides.

I doubt I'd get quite the same buzz! :evil:

Top Bottom