Any other fat people on here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Fat git here too.

subaqua

What’s the point
BMI is not a very good indicator of fitness or overall helath. its just laziness on "health proffesionals " part , an easy sort people into a box calculator.

C

chillyuk

BMI 36.2.
I used to be fat.......

I still average 100 miles a week most of the time.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Mine is 33 at the moment but started the Cambridge diet yesterday to try and kick start a decrease. Only problem with the Cambridge is the drop to 500 calories a day for at least the first week and not being able to do any exercise :cry:.
I know 33 is high and will take me a while to get down to anything resembling healthy but I hope to be there soon.

User269

Clinically speaking I'm 'overweight', but psychologically speaking I'm a huge great lard arsed n'er do well who's let himself go somewhat and who rode so slowly up the famous Pyrennean cols last summer that I had e-mails from Trek cycles asking me to cover up their logo on my bike or accept a free Colnago from them, and who bites the heads off baby rabbits when I can be bothered to pick them up, and I can't be trusted to feed the dogs these days 'cos I take a few nibbles before putting their bowls down, and, and, once I watched Top Gear 'cos the remote was 2ft away, and jelly babies, well, don't get me started on jelly babies (cont. on P94).

byegad

Legendary Member
BMI 31 and I think nothing about a 20 mile ride. But at my speed, which on a recumbent trike is around 10mph moving average. 12mph is right at the upper limit of what I can average and I wouldn't join a ride aiming for this speed.

tyred

Legendary Member
28 here. Used to be 32 which I suppose is a bit of an improvement but still more to do before the doc would be happy.

Top Bottom