Any other Mamils?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I've said to the other half that if I ever buy lycra she has my permission to shoot me. I'm too young to be a mamil anyway.

Why? Wearing lycra is all part of bike riding.

bicyclos

Part time Anorak
My daughter calls me a mamil every time she spots me going out on my bike or coming home. I would never have worn lycra in my twenties..never. Now I have a dedicated wardrobe for all my cycling gear in my computer room.

D

Deleted member 1258

Why? Wearing lycra is all part of bike riding.

yes but its not compulsory, people wear what they want to, I do more miles in ordinary clothes than I do in cycle kit, the cycle kit only comes out on the club/ leisure rides everything else is done in civvies.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
yes but its not compulsory, people wear what they want to, I do more miles in ordinary clothes than I do in cycle kit, the cycle kit only comes out on the club/ leisure rides everything else is done in civvies.

Absolutely it's not necessary, but the more one gets into cycling the more one want's the right gear.

green1

Über Member
I do yes. IMO lycra is not a good look fullstop, especially if you like me have the body of a god... Buddha.

green1

Über Member
I wouldn't know, I never been out on a group ride. I go for ride to get away from people and have some me time.

D

Deleted member 1258

Absolutely it's not necessary, but the more one gets into cycling the more one want's the right gear.

I've been cycling for over 40 years, Its been over 30 years since I came back to cycling after a break and I've been commuting all that time, I've also done club rides, charity rides, reliability trials and an Audax.

My commute bike is a road bike but i wear baggies.
But you see the point I'm making right?

Yes

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
If your midlife crisis only extends as far as buying a carbon fibre bike and some unflattering lycra, you're doing well. Go the whole hog and buy a disc wheel and one those pointy helmets.

rodgy-dodge

An Exceptional Member
So whats the female version of the Mamil called?

ladycyclists.jpg

Top Bottom