Any phone geeks on here? Samsung moisture warning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Firstly, sorry of this is the wrong spot mods, I did look and couldn't see anywhere more relevant, so please feel free to transport me to another place if you feel it fist better there.

I like my phone, it's a Galaxy a 52S, but it's getting close to the point where i'm going to change it, all because of the annoying habit it has of telling me it's wet itself several times a day, when it clearly hasn't. This then makes it refuse to be charged...Well excuse me Mr Box of wires...I'm in charge here. (okay I'm not, but it made me feel masterful as a I wrote that)

I've looked at all the usual suggestions that are mainly aimed at clearing the message, but none stop it happening again, and each mean I spend more time clearing the pointless message than I do using the actual phone, plus the bloody thing pops up on a night, which means it has a periodic sob, that sounds just like a message alert right through the night.

Any geeks out there know how I can change the internal gubbins to make it realise that it's knockers are dry all the time?

Broadside

Guru
My iPhone does this with some cheap aftermarket charger cables. Have you tried using a different charger cable?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Have you got any water in either the charger cable or the phone socket. Mine complained after the phone was too close to frozen lunch in my panniers on the way to work. Had to dry the socket out under the hand dryer.

OP
OP
ClichéGuevara

ClichéGuevara

Legendary Member
Have you got any water in either the charger cable or the phone socket. Mine complained after the phone was too close to frozen lunch in my panniers on the way to work. Had to dry the socket out under the hand dryer.

Nope. It's done it when it's been sat in the same warm dry spot for hours, sometimes over a day, and then just randomly bleats.

I do a bit more sometimes, but generally I give it a stroke with a soft dry cloth or similar, bounce about 10 - 15 times, and it seems to snuggle down again. It then goes to a warm, dry spot, but not long after the whimpering starts.

I'm starting to think it just gets lonely.

OP
OP
ClichéGuevara

ClichéGuevara

Legendary Member
Have you tried turning it off and turning it on again?

:laugh:

I will answer just on the off chance you were being serious, but yes. It's about 50:50 whether doing that alone clears it.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Apparently the fix is to press the power and volume down button simultaneously until the phone powers up. This bypasses the feature.
I’ve also read you can disable this in battery settings.

Top Bottom