Any plane spotters in Chester?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Just wondering if anyone saw it circling over Chester. Some might have worried if there was a problem but I understand it landed safely.

airbus-belugaxt-1.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
That is one amazing looking plane. It must be a great sight to see that flying.

The normal Beluga flies over our house most days, the XL I think has been to Broughton twice.

As the crow flies we are about 2.5 miles from Hawarden Airport where it lands.

snorri

Legendary Member
Ahh. Remember stopping on a ride with the kids to watch it take off as a group of Elvises on motorbikes went past waving. :-)
Geeeewhizz! You've seen it all:biggrin::biggrin:.

dodgy

I see it often, as I ride past the factory into and out of Wales most weekends. Days are numbered for that place, though, at least the locals voted for it.

I see it reasonably often. The first time I saw it I wondered what the hell it was and where it was trying to land, that was years ago though.

I see it often, as I ride past the factory into and out of Wales most weekends. Days are numbered for that place, though, at least the locals voted for it.

Yes, remember having a "discussion" down the local with a guy who worked there and was voting leave.

To me it appeared very simple that if we left the EU the European partners would want to take production to a member state.

If the factory does go it will devastate the local economy.

Thankfully, a bit selfish I know, I am at the time of life where it won't directly affect / concern me but I do wonder what future generations of British school leavers will do for work.

Top Bottom