Any Plumbers on here?

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Just redone the bathroom & disconnected the thermostatic mixer shower, which runs off the combie boiler. Made a schoolboy error & forgot to mark the pipes up hot & cold, as you face the shower is there an industry standard as to which is which, left & right.

Alan..

Night Train

Maker of Things
I've seen stuff both ways round.
I have also heard people say that the cold tap should be the one closest to the side a child would be able to reach first, or that hot should be on the left, and that hot should be on the right.:wacko:

Just plumb it and then place the H/C markers on the taps accordingly.^_^

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Not quite that easy but I maybe wrong, it's a wall mounted thermostatic one, as the water comes into the unit it feeds into the thermostatic bit at slightly different places. I 'think' I need to get them the right way round

Alan...

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
I've seen stuff both ways round.
I have also heard people say that the cold tap should be the one closest to the side a child would be able to reach first, or that hot should be on the left, and that hot should be on the right.:wacko:

Just plumb it and then place the H/C markers on the taps accordingly.^_^
wot 'e said

Night Train

Maker of Things
Not quite that easy but I maybe wrong, it's a wall mounted thermostatic one, as the water comes into the unit it feeds into the thermostatic bit at slightly different places. I 'think' I need to get them the right way round

Alan...
If you need to work out which pipe is which than you can try this, I've done this.

Turn off the main water stop valve.
Turn off the water supply to the boiler.
Open one of the cold taps in the house, maybe the bathroom basin as it is close by.
Blow down each of the open pipes in turn (with the service valves open).
The one that makes the cold tap gurgle is the on the cold supply.
To check, repeat but with a hot tap open and the cold tap closed.

Reactions: Maz

Trickedem

Guru
If you have some plastic pipe and a connector, just attach this to one of the pipes and let it run into the shower tray

gary in derby

i remember it as
cold is blue and blue is tory so blue is right
hot is read and red is labour so red is left

Top Bottom