Any recommendation for spin bike upgrade?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi everyone

I am looking to change my spin bike, and I was hoping someone could give me some advice here. I am currently using the JLL IC300 PRO, and I've been using it for almost a year now. I do regular HIIT exercise (min 3 times a week), so it's not just a coat hanger :biggrin:.
Despite all the good reviews on this bike and saying its one of the top ones, you can get I haven't been entirely happy with this bike. Since I had it one of the bearings on the wheel has become faulty, making a horrendous noise, so not as durable as they say.
However, the main reason I am looking to change this bike is low max resistance. The bike has 20kg belt-driven flywheel which I thought would be enough, but I'm always at max resistance, and I don't feel its enough. The max resistance on this bike is equivalent to 60% of max resistance of spin bikes I used in the gyms. I have even opened it to see if I can increase the resistance by putting a bigger magnet, but couldn't find compatible parts.
The second reason is even tho you have a lot of information on the computer; I can't fix it to show me the cadence number without changing (this is what I mainly use in my classes). So ideally something with a better computer. It would be great if it has a power meter pedals as well.
I was looking at Peloton, but £2000 is just too expensive. I was hoping to find something around £500.
Any help would highly be appreciated.

Regards,
Amir

Peloton is expensive especially with the subscription. I did the online calculator once of how much it saves you. Time spent exercising, gym fees, travel time and surprisingly for years 1,3 and 5 it’s said saving was N/A.... If all the family have a gym membership, use it 3 times a week and travel half hour each way then in 5 years the bikes paid for itself:whistle: By then it’s well obsolete, software has changed and updated so the model you have cannot accept it. You of course want the newer version and buy the next generation Peloton... the process begins again.
I nearly fell over to see an actual Peloton Shop in Leeds centre :ohmy:.
Sure will be plenty of advice regarding spin bike or the Wahoo kicker things and using Zwift app

BurningLegs

Veteran
If you already have a bike then you will be able to pick up a fluid turbo trainer for less than half your £500 budget?

Getting a fluid rather than mag based trainer would be important, the fluid ones generally offer better ride feel and don't need you to set the resistance of the trainer itself, just use gears on the bike.

OP
OP
A

Amir_hmn2002

If you already have a bike then you will be able to pick up a fluid turbo trainer for less than half your £500 budget?

Getting a fluid rather than mag based trainer would be important, the fluid ones generally offer better ride feel and don't need you to set the resistance of the trainer itself, just use gears on the bike.
Thank you for the suggestion, I have looked in that option before but I bought my bike 13 years ago for £100 :biggrin: it's really not good enough for turbo trainers.

Top Bottom