Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
This is what I hope it achieves for me, not that I`m training for anything , but years of cycling and the fact I stopped my weekly game of football 3 yrs ago, means I lack some core strength and CV fitness. No slouch on a bike but feel I need something else to go along with it, plus peer pressure at work :biggrin: Got a few folk now that do park runs every week, so got to stay ahead of the game :smile:
Since parkrun came to Horsham ninety parkruns ago my 'peers' from the first four or five parkruns saw me disappear into the distance by May 2015, only to have them nearly all overhaul me this year.... :sad:

Tin Pot

Guru
13 miles Saturday, didn't push it.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Lovely parkrun y'day. Strava PB for that course but not a parkrun PB for it, as when I ran it first time I wasn't wearing any tracking technology. Chased a faster runner round until I cracked at 3.6km, still haven't beaten my nemesis 'the man in the red shirt'. One day, one day...

At home it is my club 10K today. Facebook shows a lovely day in Sussex.

Off for a 10K trot on my todd here in a bit. I suspect I'm going to get pretty wet :sad:

At the end of today's run I'll have cracked both 400km for the year-to-date and 200km of training for the HM's I'm running in the Autumn.

Nostell # 94 ParkRun yesterday

Had to almost force myself into going, but turned up
Started almost at the back, with maybe only 20 behind me, so had to work through (by choice)

Just plodded round, for a 38th/218 @ 24:08

Fastest time this year (but only just!)

Edit @ 19:04
FaceBook message to review results, some wrong times published, so I was @ 23:58^_^

Last edited:

Stephenite

Membå
I am still suffering with knacked foot, ie. plantar fasciitis. I've been seeing a physio the past few weeks but, i'm not sure it's getting any better. Now the thing is i'm supposed to be doing an 18km on saturday. I have to weigh up the pros and cons.

Pros: It's a nice route, the weather promises to be fine, it appears to be a fun event, i've paid for it, i want to do it.

Cons: I could make my foot worse, no training.

I'll ask the physio on thursday. But I think he'll say "It's up to you". So, do I want a DNS or a DNF?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I am still suffering with knacked foot, ie. plantar fasciitis. I've been seeing a physio the past few weeks but, i'm not sure it's getting any better. Now the thing is i'm supposed to be doing an 18km on saturday. I have to weigh up the pros and cons.

Pros: It's a nice route, the weather promises to be fine, it appears to be a fun event, i've paid for it, i want to do it.

I'll ask the physio on thursday. But I think he'll say "It's up to you". So, do I want a DNS or a DNF?
Orthotics? Different shoes? Cortisone injection? Me. I prefer a DNS to a DNF. And surely going from 0km to 18km is just the thing to flare PF up?

MrGrumpy

Huge Member

Podiatrist surely too see about that foot , physio giving you specific foot exercises ?

DRHysted

Guru
Currently on holiday in Scotland where the trails are either sharp incline or just about to be a sharp incline. So the pace is down a bit. However I noticed someone had set a strava segment on a 5 mile loop and I was only 3 minutes behind them. So Saturday went for it and missed their time by 13 seconds. Today went all in and managed to beat their time by 46 seconds, it wasn't pretty and I lost control of my breathing on the last "hill", but whoever you are I've beaten you - ha.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Currently on holiday in Scotland where the trails are either sharp incline or just about to be a sharp incline. So the pace is down a bit. However I noticed someone had set a strava segment on a 5 mile loop and I was only 3 minutes behind them. So Saturday went for it and missed their time by 13 seconds. Today went all in and managed to beat their time by 46 seconds, it wasn't pretty and I lost control of my breathing on the last "hill", but whoever you are I've beaten you - ha.
Segment chasing..... Vay pour form on two legs old chap. ;)

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Cycled to parkrun on Saturday, as usual. The only difference being that I didn't do my local parkrun, I went to Margate, which is 34km away. And I set off late, so I had to hammer it to get there, into a headwind for much of the way - hence I was already a bit done in by the time I started the run, five minutes late, but bearing that in mind, I'm not too disappointed with my time of 27.25 (official time 32.11!) even though it's my slowest on that course by over a minute. Then met my wife for breakfast at the excellent Forts Cafe which is always worth a trip to Margate.

I'm hoping to do more parkrun cycle-tourism over the summer and visit a few more of the newer Kent parkruns that I haven't tried yet, but I'll have to be a bit better at getting out of bed on a Saturday morning if I'm going to make it to the further flung venues by 9am.

Trunce 3 this evening
Started a bit further forward, but felt lousy once I'd run more than 400 yards, & contemplated DNF-ing
http://www.trunce.org/information/

But, what the heck, keep going! (I was far enough back to get a rest at the kissing gate)
Made up a few of the places that I'd lost, on the road section, the uphill (short & steep), then a few more in the woods

At present, it's just a self-timed 36:48, but that's almost 2 minutes off my race 2 time ^_^

There may be photos to follow?

Numbers dropped last night, for Trunce race 2!!

A truly appalling placing for me though, even, given the reduced numbers
179/381 @ 38:55
Shouldn't have stood near the back again, talking to Mark Rogers (used to be one of our Consultant General Surgeons, before he left)
Tonights total can't have been far off that
I remember when 120 -130 was a good turn out

Tommy2

Über Member
Got snapped at Fountains Abbey (Ripon) parkrun the other week, it's such a nice course that I drive to it with the buggy instead of running to the one on the Stray (Harrogate) 5 mins down the road as it's just a bit boring 3 times round a field.
26:31 that's starting from the very back a picking my way through politely, waiting behind rather than barging through and taking risks.

Attachments

• 2016-05-07_08-41-32_1.jpg
    2016-05-07_08-41-32_1.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 2016-05-07_08-43-00_1.jpg
    2016-05-07_08-43-00_1.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 56

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I've actually made it to be in the profile page image from Saturday's parkrun! Muggins is on the far right of the shot. Anton, who I was chasing, is in black in the middle, and "the man in the red shirt" is in the red shirt.

upload_2016-5-16_22-39-32.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom