Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
A week before the Manchester marathon I got a call asking me if I'd do one of the relay legs with a mate as his original partner had to drop out injured.

There was an 11.2, and a 15 mile leg, so not having done more than 10k for the past month I opted for the 11.2.

The crowds on the course were brilliant, it was that busy in places that I felt like I was in the Olympics, plus loads of club mates were dotted around the course. The best thing was that the changeover point was at a sports club, so I was able to watch the others go past with a pint of Guinness in my hand.

A nice prance round in 1:44:45. :smile:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
8 miles last night, most I have ever ran, felt good, no pains ( stretching helped at the end ) . On a side note, looking for some wireless headphones for running , nothing expensive as its for running, just sweat proof ^_^

Tin Pot

Guru
8 miles last night, most I have ever ran, felt good, no pains ( stretching helped at the end ) . On a side note, looking for some wireless headphones for running , nothing expensive as its for running, just sweat proof ^_^
Good on you!

I use soundpeats. Cheapish. Internet recommended.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Make that nearly 24 miles for the week, squeezed in another run last night, only as this week coming maybe some what lacking in run opportunities .

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Partly inspired by the VLM on the tellybox, and partly to escape the House Of Sickness (my older boy and my wife have chickenpox), I went out for a 5 mile jaunt yesterday afternoon with my 1-year-old in his pushchair (it's not a running pushchair, which makes it Bloody Hard Work).

I've had a niggly right knee which has kept me from running for the last few months, but it felt fine yesterday and I'm closing in on my goal of cracking out a sub-40 run on this circuit.

Perhaps if summer makes a reappearance I might start going out in the evenings after putting the boys to bed...

Znook

aka PureZOOG
Yesterday morning was one of those days when it was raining before heading out and you know what that's like, makes you feel like not bothering.

After waiting half an hour I decided to head out, well you can't get wetter than wet lol. It eventually cleared around the three-quarter point to leave a nice morning. My intention was to beat 60 minutes on my regular 7 mile circuit around the lanes, but ended up missing it by 2s :sad:

I did pass a few runners early doors heading in the other direction, and quite a few group bike riders too so I wasn't the only one out braving the rain.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
You guys must run at a fair pace, I need to up mine :whistle:

My first ParkRun (Nostell #192) since 3rd February this morning
I wasn't looking forward to it, and started right at the beck
Granted, that's mainly because I was talking to Terry, our best finisher at that London race that took place last weekend........................he was 127th @ 2.38:52:notworthy:
He usually starts at the very back at most of his races (he had hoped to run a better time, in Londinium, but the weather got to him a bit....................)

At the moment, a self-timed; 27:57
Appalling, but given my present fitness/fatness, I guess it's acceptable?

Last edited:

Znook

aka PureZOOG
61/141 @ 29:30, first time at Hyndburn parkrun. Started, like I nearly always do at a new event, at the back of the crowd and worked my way forward. Narrow paths put paid to any early overtaking so just went with the flow. After the run, at 10:30ish, a group of locals had planned to do another 'parkrun' adding on the 0.6 miles for Matt who recently died just short of the line at the London Marathon. As one of my regular parkrunners at my home event had just passed following a cycle accident last weekend, decided to join them for a slow run in quiet contemplation of both. Sure made for a special morning.

Top Bottom