Any Runners On Here??

Discussion in 'Training, Fitness and Health' started by Richard A Thackeray, 1 Sep 2012.

1. I'm off out for a 3 miler. Just waiting for darkness as I'm taking the dog, and were less likely to encounter other dogs after dark so there's less stopping and butt sniffing. And the dog stops less too.

john59 and Elysian_Roads like this.
  2. GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry non-contributing ex-member

I was asked today a) why don't I swerve around the mud and the puddles and the muddy puddles and b) how come I run flat out down the "big hill". My explanation was that I run at Cranleigh to justify owning MudClaws and I own MudClaws to justify running at Cranleigh (100% on grass, not one metre of hardpack, tarmac or other man-made surface)

3. Mud-Claws are wonderful shoes, but rebel at tarmac/concrete paths

You need a fell-race!!

4. Beebo

Beebo Firm and Fruity

Managed to slip a couple of seconds below 26mins on my park run. Not been sub 26mins in 4 months. It was cold and a bit muddy too.
    Below 25mins is my summer target.

john59 and Elysian_Roads like this.
  5. Beebo

Beebo Firm and Fruity

Lovely spring sunshine this morning. Seasons best parkrun today. 25.29 mins.

john59 likes this.
  6. Tin Pot

Tin Pot Guru

Finally did a run in the alpine snow yesterday. Only 5km. +134m. But it felt good.

I can recommend Salomon Speedcross 4.

john59 and mudrock like this.
  7. I'm recovering from the bum rabies I've been suffering, but still feeling a bit washed out. I may do a short 3 miler tomorrow, but more likely will wait until Monday.

john59 and Tin Pot like this.
  8. SteveF

SteveF Über Member

Well, it was bright and sunny when I left the house, the blizzard thing came down 5k into my 10k run... Rather enjoyable in an odd sort of way

john59 and rich p like this.
  9. Tin Pot

Tin Pot Guru

Christo e deus. it’s cold out there!

But running never ceases to amaze me at how hot I get. Sweating like a non-politically-correct thing here.

SteveF likes this.
  10. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Huge Member

Was lucky to get one run a week lately and now that we are under 8 inches of snow I’m going nowhere !

SteveF likes this.
  11. I ran to work, on Wednesday & Thursday
    Slowly, but I did!!
    Shorts (so tights didn't get wet/sap any muscular heat) & fell-shoes (Inov-8 X-Talon 212)

It seems that Pontefract ParkRun is, up to press, going ahead tomorrow
    Using the winter course though, & fell/trail shoes are considered almost obligatory

Elysian_Roads likes this.
  12. Beebo

Beebo Firm and Fruity

All parkruns near me were cancelled. I’m impressed they went ahead with that one given the depth of snow.

13. Beebo

Beebo Firm and Fruity

I went for an easy 5k this afternoon.. The world and his wife seem to have the same idea, as i passed so many other joggers. I guess everyone has been going stir crazy for the last week.

14. Spartak

Spartak Powered by M&M's

First run today in over 3 years !

Just over 3k, round my local park.

IMG_20180307_134450.png

Stephenite, Tin Pot, stephec and 2 others like this.
  15. Tin Pot

Tin Pot Guru

First parkrun in ages.

Set off 8:30 warming up with a 3k run at 5:30/km got there with ten minutes to stand about.

I haven’t run short distance for long time, knowing my PB was 24:46 at a sprint triathlon I bought I’d try to keep the 25 min pacer in view but as soon as we were off the congestion meant the 28 min marker had run past me in the first couple of minutes!

1st km in 5:10, I had to burst speed around a few folk, weaving between people. 2nd km in 4:59, I had the marker in sight now and the mob had thinned out a bit but was feeling the pace a bit. 3rd km in 4:42 a few people started to drop off but I wondered if I could
    Keep it going 4th km in 5:11 I passed a few people walking and really wanted to join them. One walker flew past me a couple of times before I realised he was doing a walk/run strategy. The 25min marker was way ahead now, and a few people started creeping past me so I was bracing myself for a slightly embarrassing finish, but all of a sudden I noticed the marker slow up, then slow up again, now within reach about 500m to go I ended up crossing the line just after him. 5th km in 4:54. So by my maths I beat 25min by 2 seconds, but according to Strava I set a new PB with 24:36! :blush:

Ran home 3km in 6:30/km. Ate huge pub breakfast ;)

Stephenite, Znook and Spartak like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice