Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
First run today in over 3 years !

Just over 3k, round my local park.

IMG_20180307_134450.png

Tin Pot

Guru
First parkrun in ages.

Set off 8:30 warming up with a 3k run at 5:30/km got there with ten minutes to stand about.

I haven’t run short distance for long time, knowing my PB was 24:46 at a sprint triathlon I bought I’d try to keep the 25 min pacer in view but as soon as we were off the congestion meant the 28 min marker had run past me in the first couple of minutes!

1st km in 5:10, I had to burst speed around a few folk, weaving between people. 2nd km in 4:59, I had the marker in sight now and the mob had thinned out a bit but was feeling the pace a bit. 3rd km in 4:42 a few people started to drop off but I wondered if I could
Keep it going 4th km in 5:11 I passed a few people walking and really wanted to join them. One walker flew past me a couple of times before I realised he was doing a walk/run strategy. The 25min marker was way ahead now, and a few people started creeping past me so I was bracing myself for a slightly embarrassing finish, but all of a sudden I noticed the marker slow up, then slow up again, now within reach about 500m to go I ended up crossing the line just after him. 5th km in 4:54. So by my maths I beat 25min by 2 seconds, but according to Strava I set a new PB with 24:36! :blush:

Ran home 3km in 6:30/km. Ate huge pub breakfast ;)

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
A first for me.
Someone had a gel half way through my 5k parkrun.
I don’t even have breakfast before the start. Just a pint of water does me.

The Rover

Guru
I’ve neglected the running of late preferring the turbo and some swimming but the big bright thing in the sky and two eager German shepherds persuaded me to go for a run/jog/walk!

Managed 4.6 miles but slow at 10 min miles. Very enjoyable though.

Drago

Legendary Member
Think I may habe over done things.

I'm a casual runner for fitness, and the odd fun run. Recently I've upped from 3.5 miles every other day, and a nine miler once a week to running 6 days a week, 3.5/9 on alternating days. I've also been hammering the final mile on the 3.5 in my efforts to break the five minute mile.

Anyway, I struggled like you wouldn't believe my the 3.5 miler today. My legs just never seemed to warm up, and by half way round they were stiff and uncomunicative. I finished at a slow jog, and now my calves ache like I've been stabbed, and my knees ache too, albeit not as badly.

Getting old, over training too much too soon, or getting something fundamentally wrong?

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
That not casual running in my book ! Not much rest in that summary. Are you feeding yourself enough ? I cycle most days have started some light weight training. Still running twice a week but boy I can feel it, especially when I’ve not eaten enough !

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Keeping carb'd up, some veggies, a little fat bit not much, lots of eggs and yummy lean chicken. I think I have have just turned up the taps a bit too quickly.

The Rover

Guru
Three more runs in the bag since my last update, along with some cycling and swimming which has cheered me up no end. Went out this afternoon with the hounds on what seemed the best weather we’ve had this year.
4 miles completed at a steady ish pace.

Best bit was reviewing Strava and seeing that I hold a CR ( crown ) from jan 2016 that i hadn’t noticed! Only 35 runners have been on that section but it’s still mine....... by 2 seconds!

Last edited:

Spartak