Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Youre brave Richard. With an arm full of Ti and a recently operated upon shoulder I - grudgingly - didn't run when there was snow around. One slip and I'd have been very much in the guano.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
cranleigh parkrun is evil.
https://jegmar.com/stats-hq/fastest-races/parkrun/

This was posted on the RunChat website.
All parkrun courses listed in elevation order. And a profile diagram.

I’m really not a runner, and did about 50km over th last 2 years.

However I signed up to run every day in jan for Mind charity. And another charity challenge of 100km in Jan. this is 4 Years worth of running in just 1 month.

I Just got back from my 20th run of the month and my total is now at 70km. And my weight is down by 2.5kg in Jan.

Does this make me a runner yet?

DRHysted

Guru
I’m really not a runner, and did about 50km over th last 2 years.

However I signed up to run every day in jan for Mind charity. And another charity challenge of 100km in Jan. this is 4 Years worth of running in just 1 month.

I Just got back from my 20th run of the month and my total is now at 70km. And my weight is down by 2.5kg in Jan.

Does this make me a runner yet?

As far as I’m concerned if you go out your house and run for a while, you’re a runner.

Stephenite

Membå
If they cancelled for ice in Scandi..... elf'n'safeteegawnmaaaaad
Oslo's parkrun was cancelled the 30th december, and again the following week due to long stretches of ice. :sad:

tøyen icy 1.jpg tøyen icy 2.jpg

Probably, better to be safe rather than sorry as all sorts (I really mean many foreigners) turn up for Parkrun. Recently, we've had a good deal of snow so the council have built a cross-country skiing track around the park. And as local traditions dictate that cross-country skiing trumps all other activities you don't send 40-60 people running along and across a prepped track. So there's been no Oslo parkrun since before the New Year.

Edited to add:
Ba*d

DanZac

Farnborough 1/2 marathon Sunday post a black tie dinner event on the Saturday night, certainly not my greatest idea ever, not helped by being bitterly cold with wet snow turning to rain as the morning progressed.
It's a nice little event though and all things considered I'm happy with a 1:34. Bring on the lighter evenings and warmer weather, it gets easier from here on.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Bit down on mileage thus far this week but, at this point, saveable. Should have run 10+km by this morning but have only actually run three km. But the goal for the week is only 23km so by Sunday it should be a matter of only doing around five or so. Earning a living keeps getting in the way of my hobbies.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Farnborough 1/2 marathon Sunday post a black tie dinner event on the Saturday night, certainly not my greatest idea ever, not helped by being bitterly cold with wet snow turning to rain as the morning progressed.
It's a nice little event though and all things considered I'm happy with a 1:34. Bring on the lighter evenings and warmer weather, it gets easier from here on.
Comes round here, telling stories, complaining about 1:34 for a half! ;)

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Bluddy weird week running. Or rather not running. Pulled two all-nighters at work last week, so that was my mid-week running schedule shot to pieces. Will simply have to start running in the mornings on Tues and Thurs so at least it will be done and not risked by evening wrecking work-related nobbery. Saturday I was ready to rock'n'roll over to Cranleigh for parkrun but it appears I hit mute on the alarm and rolled over and went back into a deep sleep. Now Horsham has relocated to six miles away by the time I awoke again at 08:45 it was too late to get there. Sat was tlh's birthday and it was obvious any asks for an hour to go running later in the day would fall on deaf ears as she had an open-house sort of a thing going on and I needed to "do the drinks" all day.

So Sunday I got a pass and decided to do a "proper" (all things are relative) lsr (Long Slow Run). Only 10k, well 11k by the time I got back, nearly all traffic-free and more or less constantly rolling uphill for 5km before turning around and retracing my steps. Being "off-road" on what I would call semi-surfaced paths for much of it there was lots of very shallow mud and quite a few deep puddles which, on principle, I always run straight through. Looking on strava I haven't run 10km since May last year.

So, it was (relatively) long, and it was slow. Deliberately, consciously slow at avg 7:00 per km with a careful eye on the HRM. A deliberate exercise in mindful running. And that meant two or three things....

Taking in the surroundings as I ran along in a way I rarely do; the views, the birdsong, the cold of the puddles, the squelch of the mud. Listening, deliberately, to my body whilst running. Enjoying it as I wasn't flogging myself. Finishing and feeling like I could run some more. I'd rather forgotten in the blur of injury, illness, fatness and lack of fitness that was last year, that running can be an enjoyable thing to do, if you take it easy enough.

Top Bottom