1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Runners On Here??

Discussion in 'Training, Fitness and Health' started by Richard A Thackeray, 1 Sep 2012.

1. GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry non-contributing ex-member

parkrun #120 done, chuff it were chilly. WP_20171230_09_39_28_Pro.jpg WP_20171230_08_30_52_Pro.jpg

john59 and flatflr like this.
  2. I didn't go to any this morning. but my 'home' event (Nostell Priory) was cancelled, due to ice (& the remaining, frozen, snow)

3. Milzy

Milzy Über Member

Quite a few still turned up and ran the course.

4. Fair does

I understand 'Aunty Pat' was on gate-duty to inform those who turned up
    She could have just shouted from home...............:okay:

Milzy likes this.
  5. Milzy

Milzy Über Member

Same at Ponte. It was deadly in places. Experienced hardcore runners can manage but it was too much for joe bloggs public. Love aunty pat, does so much for the community.

6. GrumpyGregry

They don't cancel in Sweden/Denmark for snow+ice. Nor, I'm told, in Vancouver. Different attitudes to risk and self-reliance I guess.

Milzy likes this.
  7. Indeed

At one organisers fell-races that I attend, when I can, the pre-race lecture is

"If you get run over crossing the road, it's your own fault"

Granted, traffic is stopped on the out, on the 'Splash', as there's a 200 yard stretch from leaving the quarry site, to the footpaths/bridleways that make up the course
    Pictures; 3, 4, & 5
    https://get.google.com/albumarchive...ebylY1p4HbtkOm-TF06ZhuVQI504X1G49H?source=pwa

We cross the road too, on other races, but are only on it for 20 yards or so

8. Milzy

Milzy Über Member

I’m doing amblers revenge type thing tomorrow.

Richard A Thackeray likes this.
  9. The Rover

The Rover Über Member

Been suffering a bit health wise and the advice has been to stick to the turbo so runnings been off the agenda but I felt good enough tonight to try a few miles. Only 3 but it’s certainly lifted the spirits a bit!

Znook and GrumpyGregry like this.
  10. Last edited: 1 Jan 2018
    GrumpyGregry and Milzy like this.
  11. GrumpyGregry

10:00 am NYD special at parkrun today. I thought "Why not?"

Znook, flatflr and Milzy like this.
  12. GrumpyGregry

Back to parkrun in the UK this morning. My local, Horsham, cancelled in advance on Sunday due to the damage done to the park last Saturday, so I went to Cranleigh in Surrey. On a good day Cranleigh is one of the slowest parkruns in the country on account of the bluddy great hill you have to climb once each lap. Today it was as muddy as a very muddy thing made entirely of mud. Sticky mud, wet mud, deep mud, mud with inches of standing water on top of it. I was quite glad to get round in one piece. 10k for the year now ;)

Innov8 mudclaws are amazing trail shoes finding grip where no grip has any right to be.

mudrock, Beebo and flatflr like this.
  13. GrumpyGregry

*sad face* my 3/4 2XU compression tights gave up the ghost on removing them
    *happy face* the 2XU outlet has my size for 35 quid!

14. Beebo

Beebo Firm and Fruity

First parkrun of the year 27.17mins. There were 480 runners so it was a bit congested for the first lap
    I am at least 2 mins slower than last summer, so something to aim for. And it was muddy too.

john59, flatflr and GrumpyGregry like this.
  15. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Huge Member

No running nor cycling this past 3 weeks , funeral stuff , Christmas and a bleedin cold I can’t shift , not risking this going to my chest !