Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Struggling to keep to my routine lately, although as a pal of mine says, even a run around the block is better than nothing. A 5k and a 10k in this week (the latter today) with times well adrift of my PBs for both (I'd usually get in two 6-7k in the week, and 12 -14k at the weekend).

I'm mulling whether to go for increasing distance (maybe working towards half marathon distance) or improve pace. I guess time available will be the deciding factor!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
113th done. If only to get out of the house for an hour and away from a weekend of 18 hour work days.

Stopped for a bit on the second lap just to look at the lovely rainbow and feel the rain in my face.

Oh, and it was my first run the black shirt club as I was finally allowed to order mine months after hitting the milestone.

Drago

Legendary Member
Was going to run yesterday, but spent all Sunday night in Hossy with Mrs D, so was too knackered. Upping it to a mile and a half tonight, being very gentle how the mileage increases.

Sounds fun, but surely there are a few collisions to worry about?

Surprisingly rare!
The runners can hear the riders on parts of it, particularly the concrete sleeper track, due to chain-slap
2013. Harriers v Cyclists. 2.JPG

The worst parts are the start, the climb from the Dam, to the top of Shipley Glen, where you're wary of a wheel in the face (be you rider, or runner) from someone carrying a bike

I had to withdraw 2011, as I received a branch in the face, +/- a couple of seconds, & it'd have been okay
But... I wear contact lenses, so decided to head back, & carefully drive home

A subsequent Opticians visit revealed a scratched Cornea, & a weeks enforced no lens wearing

A few other details here; https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/harriers-v-cyclists.225638/

3narf

For whom the bell dings

I'm on another US trip (4 weeks in Dallas this time) and determined not to put weight on this time. I've done a week & a bit and so far I've run 23 1/2 miles. It's not easy; my legs feel heavy and non-cycling muscles (calves) are starting to complain!

For information, 2 enchiladas, refried beans, rice, nachos and fried jalapenos need longer than 4 hrs to go down...

Last edited:

Juhan

I was a runner, then a cyclist, then a triathlete, and now just a cyclist and a runner....I could not maintain the swimming

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Y'days parkrun was #116 and my #91 at Horsham. My goal is 111 at home.

It was bluddy awful. Never seen our park so wet and muddy and I was in road shoes, and sliding all over the shop. Reason being, last time, about a month ago, I wore my mudclaws I ended up with two black big toenails. The weird thing is that inov8 say their size 11 is a Euro 45.5 whereas my New Balance shoes in size 11 are Euro 47. And the mudclaws just feel too tight but I've always assumed that was the narrow last of their "precision" fit. Tempted to try the new parkclaws in 47, unless I can pick up some cheap muds in 47 from somewhere....

...still a parkrun done is a parkrun run.

Top Bottom