Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is one of my favourite races, after the 'Trunce' & the (Bingley Harriers) 'Harriers v Cyclists', but this year I'm almost dreading it, as I'm feeling worse than ever
I ran, slowly, 4 miles (mixed XC/road) on Sunday afternoon, & was jiggered/over-heating all the way

Oh well, I can but drive up & run
Think to myself I'm not here for a place, just for the race
I'll admit I didn't enjoy this one

Even heading up, the cloud was low
This is the windfarm at Ovenden Moor (between Halifax & Haworth, as seen from Denholme)
DSCF3884.JPG

Based at Haworth West End Cricket Club (one of the highest grounds in the UK, at 1000 ft above sea-level)

DSCF3886.JPG DSCF3888.JPG
Quite possibly the wettest race of my 8 there
Started right at the back, as I felt I deserved to be, so had to pass a few
I fell/found holes in the peat/deep patches more times in this race, than in all the (Woodentops) races I've done
One hole, even found me fall in it twice, as I didn't pull my foot out far enough, & sat down to my waist in wet water-logged peat:whistle:

If the top half is this bad, you can imagine the crust on my legs...........................

2017. Withins. 4.jpg 2017. Withins. 3.jpg

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Think my shoulder has settled down enough to try running again. Experimentally trotted for 5 minutes out with the dog this ago and wasn't too uncomfortable. If I don't suffer any undue nasty pains within ghr next 48hrs I'll try a gentle 2 mile on Thursday.

Tin Pot

Guru
Take it easy getting back into it.

...Which is advice I didn't follow today.

First club run in months, went in at the old pace and blew up with a few km still to go. Sweeper gave me moral support to get me through it. What a wuss.

10.6km +97m

Drago

Legendary Member
Aye, don't worry Tinny, I'll be very gentle. I find my lungs adapt right quick, but my legs take forever and I end up with all sorts of aches and muscle pulls if I over do the running after a break.

I've kinda missed it if i'm honest.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Well. 112th parkrun run. Two months since the 111th. Ankle seems no worse than it was before the run. Comedy heart rate stats for a pretty slow run but I managed neg splits. 31:41, or almost exactly 10 mins slower than my PB. Back on the horse, which is what I think matters.

Drago

Legendary Member
Did about a mile on Saturday. Doesn't sound a lot bit not exercised since April. It perhaps wasn't clever as I was still showing the signs of a lingering lergie, but I got round without a pause, and my heart rate quickly recovered. Didn't half work uo a sweat though!

It did leave my shoulder aching, but was fine the next day. Going to do the same again tonight, and if no further I'll effects I'll gently start ramping up the miles.

Nostell #169

Pleased that no-one announced that it was my birthday, as a few knew, via the FaceBook notifications
(just a few on the start of the 2nd lap, but no sing)

Quite breezy, & a start from about halfway along the pack
Very steady first lap, trying to catch my 'marker'
Just made it, by the finish, with Lisa being about 25 places ahead, at the turning point, on lap 1

I really fancied tag '52', but miscounted the numbers ahead of me:rolleyes:
45th/210 @ 25:14

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
SophRM was parkrunning today so I was volunteering, finishing tokens this week. Was mightily impressed by the wee guy who came 20th - he couldn't have been more than 12/13 I reckon. Chapeau wee man!

Rising Sun gets around 300 runners, so we get away with one token person, with a backup handing them off the string. I wonder how they cope at bigger runs? Anyone know?

Top Bottom