Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
5 miles last night, first run for over a week, back from another all inclusive cruise so holiday chub showing PMSL . Legs feeling it today, however I`m still doing my daily 28-30 mile round trip commute ! So can be forgiven I think :okay:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
A week off work, and two PBs for me;

5km @ 23.39
10km @ 54:02
(According to those who know, these are solidly average for a man of my age, but I was quite excited about them).

Back at work now, and I've managed nothing as quick since, harrumph.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
No PBs this week in fact not had any for a while! Any way totals, 19.5 miles ran this week, 115miles on the bike. Was feeling quite tired funnily enough by Friday !

DRHysted

Guru
Well that's the New Forest half completed. No official time yet so going by my watch I did a PB of 1:33, previous was 1:38 so I'm very happy with that & really interested to see what my official time is.
Unfortunately it feels like I've pulled my right calf again, we'll see.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Once this nasty bout of foot pain is over, I shall be targeting one hundred at Horsham

upload_2017-9-10_16-40-56.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-10_16-40-8.png
    upload_2017-9-10_16-40-8.png
    51.8 KB · Views: 61

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
A week off work, and two PBs for me;

5km @ 23.39
10km @ 54:02
(According to those who know, these are solidly average for a man of my age, but I was quite excited about them).

Back at work now, and I've managed nothing as quick since, harrumph.
Targeting age-grade percentages can be fun. Always good to beat folks younger than you in realty, and by a country mile on paper.

DRHysted

Guru
Well that's the New Forest half completed. No official time yet so going by my watch I did a PB of 1:33, previous was 1:38 so I'm very happy with that & really interested to see what my official time is.
Unfortunately it feels like I've pulled my right calf again, we'll see.

Results in 1:33:30.
I did loose time at the beginning by starting in too slow a group, it took 2.5 miles before I found a gap to run in. The calf started playing up at 9.5 miles, the the 10K runners joined us en mass at 10 miles which had to be worked through. So next year will hopefully see a sub 1:30.

Attachments

• IMG_0289.PNG
    IMG_0289.PNG
    20 KB · Views: 52

flatflr

Guru
After 4 weeks of no running due to Achilles issues I was given the go ahead to start running again (slowly) by my physio two weeks ago, this happened to tie in with my 2 week holiday visiting family in France.

So between drinking far too much wine, eating cheese and getting out on the bike I started to head out on a couple of relaxed short runs. Back to the wet and windy UK on Friday so headed out on a longer run today, managed 6 miles on the tow path and all felt good.

Good to be back at it:smile:

A very slow ParkRun this morning
I felt lousy, as I arrived, all queasy, & quite prepared to 'DNS'/'DNF', but what the heck!!!, it's only 3 miles

Started near the back, talking to someone, didn't even hear the countdown/'Go!"
Plodded around for the first 1/2 lap, then started to pick through a few

Still not good, as plenty finished in front of me, that I normally beat

Slowest ever at Nostell Priory

61st/207 @ 26:01

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Been doing short runs of late 4-5 miles, my route now includes a long hill which was hell at first. Also has to be said listen to your body , last week I did too much , 4 runs and 5 commutes I was dead on my feet come weekend!
This week different story, only two runs and taking it a bit easier on the bike, feeling much fresher !!

Top Bottom