Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SWSteve

Guru
9 miles today, legs felt heavy after the 'race pace' run yesterday. Luckily I was able to enjoy the warmth.

Felt so good I managed to sneak a 45 miler in this afternoon. Rest day tomorrow where I'll undoubtedly eat like a horse

Hurrah!! :wahhey::wahhey::wahhey:

Trunce #8 tomorrow evening (9 rounds)

A decent race
It's been 50 years since the very first one!!!
At the last couple of rounds, a few guys have been wearing 40th anniversary t-shirts (just plain cotton)

The numbers are 'for life', & anyone with a 3 digit number deservedly, gets respect (there was a 'vest' 5919 running on Monday!!, who registered on the evening)
Heck, Tony Audsley (ex- Wakefield Harriers) still runs with number '1':notworthy::notworthy:
I've run since 2009 & mine is in the '2490's range)

So, to mark the occasion, Andy (the present organiser) ha t-shirts printed for runners who had completed 6 out of the previous 7 rounds
Why that arbitrary number?, presumably just to make the ordering easier?

My buddy Stella, & myself got ours
(I worked with her, for quite a few years, before she left A&E)
2017. Trunce. Race 8. 3.jpg

Not Monday, but at race 6 (blue t-shirt)
2017. Trunce. 6. 2.jpg

Plus, I got a seasons 'PB'^_^
Not a brilliant time, but all the same...................

A few from race 7
https://mossienetphotography.wixsite.com/mozzie/trunce

Last edited:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
FINALLY

111th parkrun today. Goal reached. Took nearly three years when I 'budgeted' for two-and-a-half. Going to take a break for a few weeks and concentrate on two wheels rather than two legs.

Since being in hospital in April I have been firmly warned off my former regime of daily ibruprofen as a result running has become uncomfortable, especially the first few km. Paracetamol doesn't cut it for dealing with the pain of my aging ankles and knees. Any ideas? Go see the doc and ask for something stronger?

FINALLY
111th parkrun today. Goal reached. Took nearly three years when I 'budgeted' for two-and-a-half. Going to take a break for a few weeks and concentrate on two wheels rather than two legs
Chapeau!!, you've reached those heady heights a lot quicker than me!!

It was only my 98th event this morning, which in a way, is my fault:rolleyes:
(100th, should be on 16th September, due to shifts)

I ran the very first at Pontefract (7th May 2011), then didn't return until #76
Then; 84, 86, 89, 94, 120
Another big gap, from 211, to 269
When I was on weekends off, or on a 'late-turn', I got to preferring a lay-in, to running in whatever weather. As you do

Nostell Priory started on 26th July 2014 (which equated to Pontefracts 165th!)
I ran the first few; 1, 3, 5, 7, 11, etc....
And gaps like 15, to 28

I ran at Pontefract (#327th) this morning, I was mainly, at that event, to try & see a couple of (triathlete/duathlete) friends
Mick was there. but Angela was working

It was a fairly steady run, given the cough, that's troubled me for the past few days
Heck!, before the start, I couldn't talk to Ron (another Ackworth member) for more than 2 -3 words without a series of coughs
72nd/324 @ 24:35

Since being in hospital in April I have been firmly warned off my former regime of daily ibruprofen as a result running has become uncomfortable, especially the first few km. Paracetamol doesn't cut it for dealing with the pain of my aging ankles and knees. Any ideas? Go see the doc and ask for something stronger?
I often have knee pains, not severe, but 'niggling'
I do presume that most of it is due to work though, & being busy on my feet all shift, barring meal-break
Then, running - or riding - home afterwards

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Chapeau!!, you've reached those heady heights a lot quicker than me!!

It was only my 98th event this morning, which in a way, is my fault:rolleyes:
(100th, should be on 16th September, due to shifts)

I ran the very first at Pontefract (7th May 2011), then didn't return until #76
Then; 84, 86, 89, 94, 120
Another big gap, from 211, to 269
When I was on weekends off, or on a 'late-turn', I got to preferring a lay-in, to running in whatever weather. As you do

Nostell Priory started on 26th July 2014 (which equated to Pontefracts 165th!)
I ran the first few; 1, 3, 5, 7, 11, etc....
And gaps like 15, to 28

I ran at Pontefract (#327th) this morning, I was mainly, at that event, to try & see a couple of (triathlete/duathlete) friends
Mick was there. but Angela was working

It was a fairly steady run, given the cough, that's troubled me for the past few days
Heck!, before the start, I couldn't talk to Ron (another Ackworth member) for more than 2 -3 words without a series of coughs
72nd/324 @ 24:35

I often have knee pains, not severe, but 'niggling'
I do presume that most of it is due to work though, & being busy on my feet all shift, barring meal-break
Then, running - or riding - home afterwards
The gathering point for Horsham parkrun is 500 metres from my front door. Hard to refuse if I'm conscious, and it gets me out of bed on a Saturday morning.

Quite stiff this evening, I tripped over a root in kilometre four and landed more heavily than I realised at the time.

DRHysted

Guru
Really happy with yesterdays training run. It was my last long one before the half in September and I did it in 1:41, my PB is 1:38 running the Southampton half with other runners and the crowds screaming me on. I still think the sub 1:30 isn't (sensibly) on the cards, but a new PB is looking hopeful.

Stephenite

Membå
Parkrun #1 for Norway last saturday. 132 people covered the distance in times, ranging from, under 19 minutes to about 45 minutes. There was a very positive vibe, and there were a lot of smiley faces. There must have been around 30 Brits - mostly local, but there were a few tourists, including one chap who had a birthday the same day. I finished in under 30 min. I was chatting to people all the way round the bumpy course. A great social experience. Loved it.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the winter months :smile:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Went and supported parkrun this morning and tomorrow I'm marshalling at our junior parkrun test event.

Ironically I can only walk with a good deal of pain at present. Something is wrong with my right foot, my right Achilles is seized when I get up, thw inside of my right ankle is very sore and the mcl on my right knee has come out in sympathy and sending shooting pains down the inside of my shin. I have to turn my right foot out by thirty degrees to be able to walk.

Gawd knows what I've done. It could just be age and wear and tear catching up with me I guess.

Nostell # 161
My 99th (56th @ Nostell)
43/174 @ 24:40

My 100th should have been on the 16th, but someone asked me to swap a rostered shift, so I'm off next Saturday now, so it may be a week early?

Plus, sadly, it's the last 'Trunce' of the season,on Monday evening, (race 9)
Due to the start time (18:45, if on time, & not still taking entries at 18:40), it can't really continue much longer, as some of the backmarkers are out not far off an hour
That's not a slur, please understand!, they work as hard at it, as the top 10, or anyone else
It's more of a risk factor, particularly in the woodland section

NB; this is the 'old' start/finish
Now it starts on the far side of the railway bridge (Trans-Pennine Trail/ex 'Woodhead' line), & finishes at the road
'Kissing Gate' that causes the queues @ 05:10
First 'Don crossing' @ 06:03
'Quarry Steps' @ 10:10
Woods @ 14:15
Second 'Don crossing' @ 16:25
Third 'Don crossing' @ 22:12

This isn't far off my all-time PB, & I could run all the hills then, "sigh, those were the days......"

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
So. One thing has been determined. The other has been postulated.

I have a plantar wart. (Verucca) This is affecting my gait. Bazuka has been bought.
I may have a stress fracture in a bone in my foot. This would affect my gait. By the time I get an MRI scan to confirm the diagnosis it will be healed.

Onwards, upwards.

Top Bottom