Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flatflr

Guru
No running for me for a while as what I suspect to be a bout of achilles tendonitis has kicked in:sad: Appointment with a physio is booked for early next week.

Looks like it's time to get back on the bike for a while.

SWSteve

Guru
No running for me for a while as what I suspect to be a bout of achilles tendonitis has kicked in:sad: Appointment with a physio is booked for early next week.

Sorry to hear so! Thankfully you managed to get around the Marathon alright...

Spending time on the bike can't all be bad

DRHysted

Guru
that is a fair pace ! approx 8 min miles !?
I did the Southampton half last year (my 1st half) in 1:38 carrying an injury so wanted to do a sub 1:30 this year. Unfortunately a cross country 10 miler last October (came in 19th overall, 16th male & 6th male between 40 - 49) buggered my right calf (last 100 meters were uphill in mud). From then until May I was plagued with one injury after another, which resulted in me pulling out of the Southampton half this year.
I'd like the idea of doing a sub 1:30 in September but realistically I'd be risking an injury trying to get form my current pace of 7:50 to the 6:50 I'd need, so we'll just see what happens on the day (always run quicker in a race).
According to my physiotherapist I do not have the range of motion in my ankles to have a good running posture. In fact she came out and said that if she was advising an activity she'd pick anything other than running!

DRHysted

Guru

Sorry to hear that, injury time can be frustrating, try not to start shouting "you lucky bugger" whenever you're passing other runners whilst out on the bike.
Good lick with the recovery, remember not to just listen to the physio, but comply as well!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Back from the lakes, and boy, does everything seem flat all of a sudden :smile:

I've also discovered that the Endomondo speed increasing programme I was following is part of a trial of their premium offering, and so, no longer available. For now, I've switched to Runkeeper, and have enrolled in the Asics Pace Academy. The first workout was a pretty fun set of short (30second) intervals (eight, with two minutes between each). Long slow run today, 12km at a 6:30 min/km pace

Ran Rothwell #2 this morning
My 'biker buddy' (& one of our ex-Nurses) Olivia turned up, to have a go!
Interesting course, 2 & 1/2 laps of the main grassed area & around the skate-park/tennis courts
61st @ 24:57 (my timing - so far)
Officially it was 61st/267 @ 25:58
Olivia; 257th @44:07

I did get a smack & some obscenities, as I lapped her (her 2nd, my last)
I expect nothing less though^_^

Then, it was a very wet club-run on Tuesday (8th), in rain that got heavier, & heavier
I had intended on only going with the 4 mile/steady pace group, but, having started at the back, & worked through to see the faster 8 mile group in sight
A bit of extra effort (couldn't have done it, if it had been warm/dry) caught up to them

There was a split in Kinsley, where a trio went one way (presumably toward Fitzwilliam, Wragby & Nostell)
We headed towards Hemsworth, & a big loop, to get back to the 'Turkey Farm Tracks' that we came along
('corrugated' concrete, single-track roads - but wide enough for an artic to get to the sheds)

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1258787
The route; https://gb.mapometer.com/running/route_4592574.html

I did start to suffer a bit, from about the 5 mile mark, but in my defence, I'd made the extra effort to get up to them, instead of setting off with them, & had been up since 03:20

Rothwell # 3 this morning
Went there again this week, with the intention of getting under '25'
Didn't happen, was near back talking to Olivia, & a friend of hers, so got caught up in the pinch-point through a gate at the start

64th @ 25:16 my own timing

Believe, at the moment, Olivia took a couple of minutes off her time

Last edited:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
everything hurt before I ran and hurt rather more when I finished Didn't get under 30 for the five km, on a warm and muggy morning.

ps Worcester parkrun is good fun, almost entirely in the woods.

Rothwell # 3 this morning
Went there again this week, with the intention of getting under '25'

64th @ 25:16 my own timing
Believe, at the moment, Olivia took a couple of minutes off her time

64th/278 @ 25:18
Olivia was 264th @ 41:21

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
IME, it's fairly common for parkruns to be cancelled or to use alternative routes due to other events being held in the same space.

I looked at the website later and the information about the cancellation was there, just not on one of the pages I had looked at beforehand... doh!

Top Bottom