Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
WP_20171223_08_52_41_Pro.jpg
First run since my scales screamed Fatboy! at me. Need to find the discipline and motivation to get back into thw habit.

Stunning views on this morning's parkrun; Richmond Olympic, Richmond BC (Vancouver, Canada)

FECK it was cold. Fraction under 30 mins.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
View attachment 388270 First run since my scales screamed Fatboy! at me. Need to find the discipline and motivation to get back into thw habit.

Stunning views on this morning's parkrun; Richmond Olympic, Richmond BC (Vancouver, Canada)

FECK it was cold. Fraction under 30 mins.
Does little dance. 1st in Age Group!!!!

(Ok, the field was 38!)

Milzy

Guru
Fair does

I understand 'Aunty Pat' was on gate-duty to inform those who turned up
She could have just shouted from home...............:okay:
Same at Ponte. It was deadly in places. Experienced hardcore runners can manage but it was too much for joe bloggs public. Love aunty pat, does so much for the community.

They don't cancel in Sweden/Denmark for snow+ice. Nor, I'm told, in Vancouver. Different attitudes to risk and self-reliance I guess.

Indeed

At one organisers fell-races that I attend, when I can, the pre-race lecture is

"If you get run over crossing the road, it's your own fault"

Granted, traffic is stopped on the out, on the 'Splash', as there's a 200 yard stretch from leaving the quarry site, to the footpaths/bridleways that make up the course
Pictures; 3, 4, & 5
https://get.google.com/albumarchive...ebylY1p4HbtkOm-TF06ZhuVQI504X1G49H?source=pwa

We cross the road too, on other races, but are only on it for 20 yards or so

Milzy

Guru
Indeed

At one organisers fell-races that I attend, when I can, the pre-race lecture is

"If you get run over crossing the road, it's your own fault"

Granted, traffic is stopped on the out, on the 'Splash', as there's a 200 yard stretch from leaving the quarry site, to the footpaths/bridleways that make up the course
Pictures; 3, 4, & 5
https://get.google.com/albumarchive...ebylY1p4HbtkOm-TF06ZhuVQI504X1G49H?source=pwa

We cross the road too, on other races, but are only on it for 20 yards or so
I’m doing amblers revenge type thing tomorrow.

Last edited:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Back to parkrun in the UK this morning. My local, Horsham, cancelled in advance on Sunday due to the damage done to the park last Saturday, so I went to Cranleigh in Surrey. On a good day Cranleigh is one of the slowest parkruns in the country on account of the bluddy great hill you have to climb once each lap. Today it was as muddy as a very muddy thing made entirely of mud. Sticky mud, wet mud, deep mud, mud with inches of standing water on top of it. I was quite glad to get round in one piece. 10k for the year now ;)

Innov8 mudclaws are amazing trail shoes finding grip where no grip has any right to be.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
*sad face* my 3/4 2XU compression tights gave up the ghost on removing them
*happy face* the 2XU outlet has my size for 35 quid!

Top Bottom