Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigMeatball

:ohmy:How much food do you eat

Not sure, I'm not tracking my calories and macros at the moment. When I was preparing for a powerlifting competition and trying to cut weight in the first half of the year I was training 4 times a week and eating 3000 calories a day. I guess I'm eating slightly less now but at 107kg I still like my plate full.

My issue with nutrition now is that I don't know what's a good diet for both disciplines (powerlifting and endurance): if I eat a lot of proteins I lift like a god but feel crap when I run, if I don't eat enough protein I run like the wind but feel weak when I lift and sore as hell the next day.

and where do you get the time?

Fortunately the missus is pretty active too so I never get the "you're never home" drama.
Not having kids is definitely a huge plus :laugh:

Running update: went running last Friday, got lost (I like to run into streets and neighbourhoods where I see nice houses) and ended up doing almost 8k :tongue:

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
I managed a 5k this morning after the school run, happy with my pace of 5:46 / km.

Gonna gradually build up to a 10k - Bristol 10K is next May that's my goal.

Entered the Bristol 10k so I now have a definite goal to aim at...

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Gonna gradually build up to a 10k - Bristol 10K is next May that's my goal.

Well my plans to gradually build up to a 10k didnt quite go to plan.....
Went out this morning and felt good, passed by previous longest run of 8k and kept going....
Finished up running 10.7k ... 👍

Now to run 10k in under an hour....

BigMeatball

Has any of you ever experienced problems with strava while using a bluetooth headphones?

Went for a run last week and connected a pair of bluetooth headphones. The gps tracking was all over the place which was of course messing up the distance and pace data. Tried to restart the activity, then restart the strava app, then restart the phone...nothing worked.

As soon as I disconnected the bluetooth headphones, it went all back to normal. Any clues?

My first 'ParkRun' since May 2018 this morning!!:wacko: (& indeed my first run, since 2018!!)
Also, Amelias first (daughter)

We went at her pace, so a lot of walking too (50-50)

It was nice to see my friend Alison, as Race Director!
It was event #449
(there were only 42 of us at race 001 there!!)

Circa 470 finishers today

https://www.parkrun.org.uk/pontefract/course

On the far straight, furthest from Park Road (M62 - Pontefract, road)
Not the best of images

My first 'ParkRun' since May 2018 this morning!!:wacko: (& indeed my first run, since 2018!!)
Also, Amelias first (daughter)

We went at her pace, so a lot of walking too (50-50)

It was nice to see my friend Alison, as Race Director!
It was event #449
(there were only 42 of us at race 001 there!!)

https://www.parkrun.org.uk/pontefract/course
At #449...., two week ago
504 finishers
43:25/466th (her) & 43:26/467th for myself

I got co-erced into going again this morning (#451)
A change of course, due to the ice around the lake, to an 'out & back' along the racecourse (camera car track)

Nice to see a few familiar faces there, including Mick, a very good triathlete I've ridden, & run, with
(he's more than capable, of getting onto the podium of most races he enters, when fit)

Met her there, as she'd been staying at boyfriends, I did ask if I was going round with her, or at my own pace
I got the green light to got at my own pace
I still started alongside her (& her friend), but pulled away making up places

I had expected to get to about the 3K mark & have to pull up with a stitch, or such, but no:eek:
To my surprise, I kept plugging on, passing a few more people!!

I didn't use my stopwatch, but.... if what I heard the chaps behind me say to each other was correct, whilst queuing for scanning, they were 'sub 28'^_^
That's a real confidence booster for me!!!!

Still had to wait for daughter, to finish, out of loyalty, she was happy to have got about '37'

Now, there's just the matter of a late-turn today at work.....:cursing:

Just after the dead-turn, at the far side of the racecourse

After finishing, & waiting for daughter

Last edited:
I got co-erced into going again this morning (#451)

I didn't use my stopwatch, but.... if what I heard the chaps behind me say to each other was correct, whilst queuing for scanning, they were 'sub 28'^_^
That's a real confidence booster for me!!!!

Still had to wait for daughter, to finish, out of loyalty, she was happy to have got about '37'
The results are up already!
https://www.parkrun.org.uk/pontefract/results/weeklyresults/?runSeqNumber=451

It seems that I misheard, or they were wrong?
Oh well!!
194th/444 @ 29:20

Amelia was 393rd @ 39:37
My friend Mick, was the tail-walker (injured)

Znook

aka PureZOOG
Did Tern Hill parkrun this morning, six laps of the course which, on each lap, you're given an elastic band to go on the wrist. Didn't bother counting the laps in my head as I thought I can't muck this up what with the bands being given out.

So gets to elastic band man for the xth time and says I've got one more lap (as I had counted five bands on my wrist - twice), to then get to 1/3 way round when some parkrunners come over to say I should have finished. Eh? Nah, this is my last lap! Can't be how many bands do you have? Well I've got six now with this lap.

You sure? Err, okay I'll count them once again. One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Err Seven lol.

Oh well, it's all a load of fun when it comes down to it. There was no chance of any sort of PB anyway because of my deteriorating knee which now needs an HTO operation :sad:

Hope everyone had a good run today wherever you did it!

Top Bottom