Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member

Well there you go, my first, and possibly last, ever race to be run under Fell Racing Association rules.

I met a clubmate at the start so I ran round with her and had a chat rather than go too mad, some parts were that bad it was quicker to walk, and there was that much mud you couldn't always make up time on the downhill sections.

The winner did just over 50 minutes, it took me half that time to queue in the pub afterwards for my pie and pint. :ohmy:

TA.PNG

Jameshow

Veteran
Well there you go, my first, and possibly last, ever race to be run under Fell Racing Association rules.

I met a clubmate at the start so I ran round with her and had a chat rather than go too mad, some parts were that bad it was quicker to walk, and there was that much mud you couldn't always make up time on the downhill sections.

The winner did just over 50 minutes, it took me half that time to queue in the pub afterwards for my pie and pint. :ohmy:

View attachment 672877

Great run! typical fell race by all accounts it's not if but when you take a shoe of bog water or fall waist deep into said bog!!

Venod

Eh up
I am so Jeolous I love fell running but since a cycling accident at the end of 2015 running has took a backseat, hope to get back to it someday, there is nothing like running through wild country enjoying the ups and the downs, I have run on some spectacular countryside,
I realy miss that feeling of I am out here under my own steam and its brilliant
I should try to get back to that moment

Jameshow

Veteran
It seems to be an appropriate place to post this... OMG - Gary McKee ran a marathon every day in 2022!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Same as riding 100miles a day tbh!!

Once you get into it, it must become a job.

The risk of self inflicted injury must increase proportionally too, much like the risk of a knock off cycling?

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD

Jameshow

Veteran
Let’s be clear here: this (^^^^^): getting up early - and completing before his shift at work each day !

Terms like epic, superhuman etc are overused and banded around Willy-nilly. This however isn’t one of those occasions.

I’m sure most of us can’t even begin to comprehend. Once; or even for a week. Let alone 365 times on the spin……

I'd rather 365 marathons than swim lejog or the Atlantic tbh!!

Top Bottom