Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Careful Mo, you will be incurring the moderators wrath!

I'd take the moderators to task in that case. Walking is a strategy that is recognised in endurance running events, Jeff Galloway being one of the most well known for his run / walk training plans which are highly regarded. It's a strategy I've used several times in the past both in training and competition.

*Just a quick edit to say that quite a few people have achieved Marathon PB's using the run / walk strategy.

Last edited:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I'd take the moderators to task in that case. Walking is a strategy that is recognised in endurance running events, Jeff Galloway being one of the most well known for his run / walk training plans which are highly regarded. It's a strategy I've used several times in the past both in training and competition.

Funnily enough one of the Facebook groups I follow have a few suggesting his method. It may well be what I have to do when I start back.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD

Good to hear. I’d think it would be pretty hard to distinguish the overlaps between walking, speed walking, endurance running and running etc to the average amateur Athlete.

What’s one for me; is quite another for someone else……

multitool

Yep. Love a run. Worked it up to half marathon distance in about 5 months in 2021, then big lay-offs through injury/illness and forgot to restart. Trail running mostly once I break the crust a few times with the flat cycle path near here.

In 50s so really beed to strengthen/stretch but am a bit lazy about it atm.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Yep. Love a run. Worked it up to half marathon distance in about 5 months in 2021, then big lay-offs through injury/illness and forgot to restart. Trail running mostly once I break the crust a few times with the flat cycle path near here.

In 50s so really beed to strengthen/stretch but am a bit lazy about it atm.

I started running in my early 50 's just before the Lockdown.
Took a while to get going, had lots of injuries but seemed to have built up my strength now & regularly run 5K' s with the odd 10K now & again. I've managed one half marathon distance.

For 2023 I'm going to enter the Chew Valley 10K again, ran it in 2022 in a time of 1:00:40 so aiming to go under the hour on this hilly event. Might also try a Half marathon event later in the year, bit gutted to be missing the Doynton Hilly Hard Half Marathon next month but with the amount of rain ☔ falling presenting it might be a blessing in disguise... 😉

Spartak