Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Wimped out of parkrun this morning due to torrential rain and high winds. One section of the course hugs the coast and with a south wester blowing it can get a bit wild. This / Next year should see my 250th parkrun, and 250th volunteer role, be good to do them both simultaneously.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Wimped out of parkrun this morning due to torrential rain and high winds. One section of the course hugs the coast and with a south wester blowing it can get a bit wild. This / Next year should see my 250th parkrun, and 250th volunteer role, be good to do them both simultaneously.

Me too... Conditions were horrible here today so stayed in bed !

Tenkaykev

Guru
You want to try it down the back of the field with us oldies getting lapped 😟

A few years back we were visiting our daughter in Leeds. We went to parkrun and because of the snow / ice the backup course was used which was on grass instead of paths. As I was struggling uphill towards the finish I was overtaken by a very heavily pregnant lady and remember thinking to myself " is that one or two places I've lost " 🤔

Jameshow

Veteran
A few years back we were visiting our daughter in Leeds. We went to parkrun and because of the snow / ice the backup course was used which was on grass instead of paths. As I was struggling uphill towards the finish I was overtaken by a very heavily pregnant lady and remember thinking to myself " is that one or two places I've lost " 🤔

One year in Leeds too I was beaten by a dozen Santas! That hurt too!!!

Everyone at my parkrun last week was 'chicked'. First time a woman has finished first there with a 17 something. Faaaaaaast !!
Don't think I ever caught a glimpse of her !

Spartak