Any skiers on here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PpPete

Legendary Member
So who are the equivalents of Wiggle, Chain Reaction, Ribble, Rose in the ski-ing world ?

Picked up a new pair of very nice (but unfashionably narrow) skis on fleabay the other day, for an absolute killer price, but buggered if I can find anyone who has some suitable bindings in stock. Seems everyone has gone "wide" since we last went skiing, and although all the manufacturers claim to make bindings for 70-80 mm width, in practice no-one I can find actually stocks anything with a brake width less than 90mm (and most of them from 110 mm and up)
modify_inline.gif

Cable ties and gaffa tape?

Globalti

Legendary Member
What are the skis? I used to have some Salomon Force 9s, which were considered the mutt's nuts when I got them (and they were superb) but are now unfashionably long and narrow. They held a super line in the schuss and were excellent at cutting across hillsides but the Rossignol Bandits I have now are the opposite: turns happen on a whim especially in crud but they are frighteningly unstable in the schuss.

Try Au Vieux Campeur in France, they sell online and their prices are much cheaper than in the UK. Also try phoning Mountain Feet in Standedge.

OP
OP
PpPete

PpPete

Legendary Member
What are the skis?
Lacroix LXR
If you've never skied a handmade laminated ski like the Lacroix, just don't !
Nothing else is quite the same, fast and stable in all conditions, but still manoeuvrable, however the damage to your pocket is up there with full carbon bikes...

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
So who are the equivalents of Wiggle, Chain Reaction, Ribble, Rose in the ski-ing world ?

Picked up a new pair of very nice (but unfashionably narrow) skis on fleabay the other day, for an absolute killer price, but buggered if I can find anyone who has some suitable bindings in stock. Seems everyone has gone "wide" since we last went skiing, and although all the manufacturers claim to make bindings for 70-80 mm width, in practice no-one I can find actually stocks anything with a brake width less than 90mm (and most of them from 110 mm and up)
modify_inline.gif
Perhaps that's why the narrow skis were so cheap PpP?

Top Bottom