Any specific gear change pattern for speed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hiteshbangera

Just got a Schwinn Predator a couple of days back. All my friends are jealous so they challenged me to a race. Just wanted to ask is there any specific gear change pattern I need to do for maximum pick up and speed?

Just got a Schwinn Predator a couple of days back. All my friends are jealous so they challenged me to a race. Just wanted to ask is there any specific gear change pattern I need to do for maximum pick up and speed?

I'm no expert in racing but I find it best to know the highest gear that you can turn well and change up rapidly when you are moving. At the end of the day though I think its more down to the individual than gears ;)

montage

God Almighty

Imagine you were drag racing a car. You don't just go from 1st to 5th. You progress from 1st to 2nd to 3rd etc etc, and you change up when needed.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
do we have an 'across the water' troll?

If it's a predator then you just get a tri-bar extension and hang a bit of raw meat off it, the bike will chase this down with no effort from you at all

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
do we have an 'across the water' troll?

If it's a predator then you just get a tri-bar extension and hang a bit of raw meat off it, the bike will chase this down with no effort from you at all

It's quite a fierce looking beast isn't it ... :rolleyes:

bmx.ht96.jpg

OP
OP
H

hiteshbangera

Thank you everyone for the ideas on gear shifting....And the bike (Schwinn Predator) that has been posted seemed nice.... Although one of my friend suggested me this website "http://tinyurl.com/2d7p5ff" where I could see some more of MTB's...Road as well as Hybrid bikes... You guys have a look as well!!!!

bauldbairn

I've got to admit it was a bit of a novel way to introduce it, slipped into a later post. Most Spammers just seem to make posts like that straight off.

I ***kin hate those spam chapies - the Danny McCaskill(Intense / Band of Horses) video on You Tube is now just full of comments from Spammers(I watch it once a week :wacko: ).
Who pays any attention to them - why do they bother???? :angry:

MacB had his number straight away. B)

Top Bottom