Any spooky stories?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I was alone in my parents house which backed on to open woodland.
It was getting dark when I saw a massive ufo hovering in the sky. It was glowing bright orange with search lights combing the ground. Like all brave boys I just hid under the bed.
The next day it was reported on the local news that an airship had got delayed by strong head winds, it had got too dark to navigate and was using its search lights to read road signs. But the police were inundated with ufo sightings.

gbb

Legendary Member
An old friend of ours who used to live next door, her mum, very old and terminally ill spent her last days next door and my wife used to go round regularly. The evening she died my wife was there, the old lady gave off a bit of a death rattle and they knew she was passing at that moment.
Within seconds, her dog started yelping inconsolably, staring fixedly not at the old lady, but at the ceiling directly above her.

My wife said it was just plain bizarre.

OP
OP
mustang1

mustang1

Legendary Member
An old friend of ours who used to live next door, her mum, very old and terminally ill spent her last days next door and my wife used to go round regularly. The evening she died my wife was there, the old lady gave off a bit of a death rattle and they knew she was passing at that moment.
Within seconds, her dog started yelping inconsolably, staring fixedly not at the old lady, but at the ceiling directly above her.

My wife said it was just plain bizarre.

That would freak me out.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
When we moved into our current house my eldest was about just about to start primary school. For several years she repeatedly told us of a woman in black who didn't harm her, but could often be seen by her at the top of the stairs and on the landing. My wife and I couldn't see anything despite standing with her at the foot of the stairs as my daughter pointed her out. Eventually, after several years, she stopped being seen by my daughter.
Fast forward a number of years and child 1 left for university and to leave home for good, when my youngest was about 3. A couple of years later youngest starts referring to a figure at the top of the stairs and on the landing, she called Shadow. As with child 1, my wife and I couldn't see anything, although Shadow could be apparently be seen by my youngest for several years.
Eldest swears she never discussed her experiences with her sister and my wife and I believe her as she genuinely seemed shocked when we first mentioned the further sightings to her.
Our house is only 60 or so years old and has an open staircase from the hall to the landing, so is not like, for example, the enclosed and poorly lit staircase which led to an even darker part of the house, such as I experienced with the mid 19th c house inhabited by one of my Grandmas when I was growing up.

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm the subject of one local campfire story. If you see me, just give me what I've asked for and you'll be okay. Don't and you'll pay.
Sent one head master running for her car, locking the doors, when she saw me as described to her.

There was a witch found buried at a nearby crossroads, in the usual manner(kneeling, with a stake through her pinning her to the ground).

Tin Pot

Guru
Has anything happened that made you feel kinda spooky? Doesn't have to be really scary or anything, maybe just travelling on a very dark road - how did it make you feel?

(If this thread ain't going any where, just make something up).

Swimming in the sea.

Come on. We all know there's a shark right under me. Every time. All the time. Just about to attack. Come on...

gaijintendo

Veteran
Here are my best Spooky Halloween jokes from my failed Halloween jokes cracker startup.

Helpful jokes:

Q: How to tell if your toast is haunted?
A: If it is floating above the toaster!

Q: How do you know if your butter is haunted?
A: It tastes cold, but it spreads easily!

Sad jokes, only read if you are resilient:

Q: What does the poor wee ghost kid eat whilst sobbing?
A: HARIBOO Ghouldbären :sad:

Q: What are the potential consequences of ghost nookie?
A: Phantom pregnancies :sad:

Last edited:

gaijintendo

Veteran
I once killed a fun thread.

Top Bottom