Any technical illustrators here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I need a technical illustrator to do about 20 illustrations. Ideally they'll be computer-drawn since I want vector illustrations which I can scale and annotate myself.
Apply within, as they say.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I'm well good at colouring in :hyper:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I do a mean comedy knob.
But what about your drawing abilities?

giphy.gif

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I studied Technical Illustration for four years but have turned my skills to digital media (sadly). There are lots of illustrators on People per hour if you wan't to try that route.

OP
OP
Yellow Saddle
I studied Technical Illustration for four years but have turned my skills to digital media (sadly). There are lots of illustrators on People per hour if you wan't to try that route.
Thanks, I assume that's some sort of portal. I'll check it out. I tried four people from another odd-jobs portal and was extremely disappointed. Not one returned my approach spontaneously and the three that I then reminded that I'm awaiting a response, then all said they had some other (more important obviously) thing to do first and then they may or may not get back to me. That's before they even know my budget or the number of drawings that I require.

I'll have a look at your suggestion. Thanks.

Pish

If you are stuck, I can pass on the name of our Technical Illustrator, he is superb.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I have used fiverr before with very good success.

OP
OP
Yellow Saddle
Bloody hell! In less than 1 hour I've had 6 responses, including one that responded with a sample of his work. I'll choose a few and send them a brief. What concerns me is when people quote without seeing the scope of the job. I've had two of those.
Thanks for the link. It is a zillion times better than fiverr.

Kernow Cyclista

I'm an illustrator, but not the technical variety so no good to you. You could try an artist's agents that have a range of technical illustrators on their books. you might pay a little more but you'd get a competent job. Most of these artists on the odd job cheapo websites are cheap for a reason and it looks like you've already experienced their level of professionalism. I suggest a Google of artist agents or a peruse of the artists and writers yearbook. Sadly my agent doesn't cover technical illustrators our I'd suggest them. Good luck!

OP
OP
Yellow Saddle
I'm an illustrator, but not the technical variety so no good to you. You could try an artist's agents that have a range of technical illustrators on their books. you might pay a little more but you'd get a competent job. Most of these artists on the odd job cheapo websites are cheap for a reason and it looks like you've already experienced their level of professionalism. I suggest a Google of artist agents or a peruse of the artists and writers yearbook. Sadly my agent doesn't cover technical illustrators our I'd suggest them. Good luck!
Thanks. I have already done that. I found one with a very impressive website and online portfolio and...the worst response possible. One week later he still had not responded to the extensive on-line form I had to fill out. I think I'm on a good roll now. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Top Bottom