Any The Wire fans?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thomas

the tank engine
I saw an old man in Sainsburys this morning who was the spitting image of The Greek! I really wanted to ask if I could have my photo with him, but thought it might be hard to explain why :wacko:

The_Wire_The_Greek.jpg

mikeitup

Veteran
Don't piss him off!!!

You don't want your throat cutting do you? :wacko:

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
mikeitup said:
Don't piss him off!!!

You don't want your throat cutting do you? :biggrin:

haha....I didn't try muscling on on Prop Joe's co-op :wacko:.

I kind of now wish I got a photo of him...a sneaky shot on the camera phone. Oh well :biggrin::laugh:

Bandini

Mad! I swear to God he was outside my local supermarket! I think perhaps he was chosen for his 'generic old man look' though. In Season Two he is at the bar for weeks before he speaks. I think the point is he just looks like a typical old man? The banality of evil and all that.

The Wire is the best show ever to grace a TV screen. I don't watch much teev, but more shows like that...

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I loved the Wire. So did Ms. P.

Hard to know what to do in the evenings now we've seen them all, except start watching it all again.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I might just add that if anyone puts any Season Five spoilers in this thread, they might just be the next thing found floating around the Baltimore docks...

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
you may be interersted in a new DVD out called The Avon Barksdale Story.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
theclaud said:
I might just add that if anyone puts any Season Five spoilers in this thread, they might just be the next thing found floating around the Baltimore docks...

Baldimore, TC!

I loved the Wire. I had a soft spot for poor old Frank Sobotka who the Greek did for in series2.

If anything series 5 tailed off after Stringer came back and it had all been a dream sequence. The nuclear explosion was just too far-fetched.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
rich p said:
Baldimore, TC!

I loved the Wire. I had a soft spot for poor old Frank Sobotka who the Greek did for in series2.

If anything series 5 tailed off after Stringer came back and it had all been a dream sequence. The nuclear explosion was just too far-fetched.

:sad:

You'll be in trouble with anyone who hasn't got to the end of season 2 yet. Yes I was gutted about Frank. And if anything happens to Omar in 5, I will be inconsolable.

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
palinurus said:
I loved the Wire. So did Ms. P.

Hard to know what to do in the evenings now we've seen them all, except start watching it all again.

hah, that's what I did (some time after though).

For anyone who does love the wire, I recommend Generation Kill (made by same people, just a short series, but fantastic), The Sopranos...and basically anything else HBO make :becool:

mikeitup

Veteran
User1314 said:
I think it's class.

Sharp political analysis, personal insights, classic post punk soundtrack.

I'll always savour (so to speak) that scene where the big black american cop heaves up his guts in the gutter outside the pub, as the The Pogues' Body of an American blares from the juke-box.

Classic. Like a non-cartoon, serious, Simpsons.

That'd be Bunk!

great show shame it had to end.

I would recommend Homicide-Life on The street.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
theclaud said:
:biggrin:

You'll be in trouble with anyone who hasn't got to the end of season 2 yet. Yes I was gutted about Frank. And if anything happens to Omar in 5, I will be inconsolable.

Oh dear.....

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
mikeitup said:
That'd be Bunk!

great show shame it had to end.

I would recommend Homicide-Life on The street.

OHHH, plus one... +1!!!

Fantastic series too!!!! Also in bal'imore...it is obviously dated, but still fantastic....and the news paper guy in series something or other of the wire, is fantastic in homicide!!!!

Another TV show I might have to start to rewatch :biggrin:

Top Bottom