Any thoughts on drinking water for health reasons.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Berties

Fast and careful!
I drink at least ten pints of water a day as i work in temps of around 40+ degrees c,but as i have found that i take extra salt and a couple of small cokes or sugar drinks i never cramp

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
[QUOTE 1984931, member: 9609"]Exactly - is it normal not to be able to achieve ones own height, or is it a bit odd even trying?[/quote]

I am fairly certain most men like to piss all over a wall style urinal, blitz the urinal block or out in the wilderness in the winter, spray it about a bit to create the illusion of a small bush fire, but I would hazard a guess that most people don't want to risk an accidental eyeful/mouthful of their own piss whilst taking things to your degree of extremity!

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
[QUOTE 1984931, member: 9609"]Exactly - is it normal not to be able to achieve ones own height, or is it a bit odd even trying?[/quote]

Now I get it! Surely the beer would help? A lad at my primary school managed to wee out of a window above a urinal and hit a teacher. Well that's what he claimed anyway.

mikmurray

Regular
I always aim for this and probably exceed it most days. As I don't drink tea, coffee or alcohol, I tend to have a glass of water when others are drinking something "more exciting."

I have no idea if it's good for me or bad for me but it's a habit I've got into.
i love your avatar....."our willie"......aint read that in years, i used to get the annual every xmas, great memories lol

tyred

Legendary Member
i love your avatar....."our willie"......aint read that in years, i used to get the annual every xmas, great memories lol

A Scottish friend of my Granny's used to send The Broons or Our Willie to me every year as a Christmas present. I grew to love them and in more recent times have collected some of the original annuals drawn by Dudley D. Watkins (as was Desperate Dan, Lord Snooty and many other comic favourites). I think he was a hugely gifted artist.

Licramite

Über Member
I normally drink about a pint of water before setting off on say a 30mile journey, another half a bottle on route and about a pint when I finish.
I find it a good idea to load up on water before I go but not to drink to much on route. -
Ive always been a sweaty betty , on battlemarches the other guys would come in looking a bit flushed , me I looked like I was dragged through a hedge backwards and had a bucket of water tiped over me head.

having said that I,m not busting a gut out thier, on my exercise bike it looks like I,m melting.

Fat B'stard

Regular
We came back from India a few years ago after a 3 week holiday where my wife caught hepatitis and was told by the doctor to drink 4 litres a day for 1 month (extremely difficult actually). After the follow up appointment, he took a blood sample and could see through it!!! Suggested that she eased off the water intake considerably.
I also watched that big bang thoery tv show where they hooked up one of the presenters and took a water/fat/muscle reading and subjected him to a rigourous excercise programme. Afterward they re measured him and found out he only lost 900ml of water (i think) well its wasn't as much as he expected after sweating most of the day

Top Bottom