Any thoughts on drinking water for health reasons.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
You don't need to drink eight glasses of water a day, as you got water from other sources throughout the day.
It's a bit like the other myth of eating little and often when three meals a day is far better as the space between meals is greater and that is the time you burn food.

The whole metabolism boosting properties of eating little and often is much debated, but what is for sure, eating smaller meals and often reduces the temptation to snack and is thus a sustainable way to manage your diet.

sittingbull

Veteran
I have always wondered whether the water in tea and coffee counts as they're both diuretics so could have a negative effect on hydration. A quick "search" reveals it does count :smile:

Garz

Squat Member
I have always wondered whether the water in tea and coffee counts as they're both diuretics so could have a negative effect on hydration. A quick "search" reveals it does count :smile:

Water is water, as long as your not using 5 tea-bags per brew or treacle thickness of coffee then it will count to your x cups/glasses/whatever a day.

amaferanga

Veteran

Is that a joke? The evidence is 2 links to the Livestrong website + the BBC iplayer!

I meant real evidence - peer reviewed scientific publications. Your assertion was so strong that I figured you really must know your stuff. You said it's 'far better' - quite a strong assertion.

Octet

Veteran
When out cycling I normally take a 1.5 L Camelbak which I would finish every 15 - 20 miles or so. Then I have my normal drinks, so a glass in the morning and then at lunch, dinner and in the evening. It might not all be water, some squash, some juice but it is still fluid.

byegad

Legendary Member
urinal cake ,...... didnt do them on my last cafe stop...xx(
Only in Glasgow and it's deep fried.

FYI
urine_colour_chart.gif

I find if drink plenty of water it helps keep my appetite under control, if I don't I can eat like a horse :blush:

In my early running days I peed blood 3 times over a few months due too running dehydrated. I panicked the first time and shot down the docs receptionist said come back tomorrow so I slapped bottle of red piddle on the counter and soon got seen.
Not happened for years now as I am all ways hydrated and the stomach muscles have improved. Caused by empty bladder slapping about apparently

lordloveaduck

Is that a joke? The evidence is 2 links to the Livestrong website + the BBC iplayer!

I meant real evidence - peer reviewed scientific publications. Your assertion was so strong that I figured you really must know your stuff. You said it's 'far better' - quite a strong assertion.

It's just to show you it's not writen in stone that you have to knock back a certain amount of water to avoid death. Jeez maybe you should cut back or at least let some of it out of your body.

Orange

Copious cups of coffee throughout the day keeps me plenty well hydrated. I definitely avoid drinking before the commute ride to work or back home though - to avoid having to water the bushes.

Top Bottom