Any TV repair boffins about

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mark st1

mark st1

Plastic Manc
New telly time

Think I'm in that camp with the price of them nowadays seems pointless throwing money at it. Had a Phillips LCD one for 10+ years and that's still going strong even in the destructible hands of a 13 year old. Think I will give Samsung and plasma a wide birth in future.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
One thing to bear in mind is that smart TVs appear to be abandoned when it comes to updating apps after a short while.

D

Deleted member 1258

Great energy saving device - watch TV and heat the room at the same time:okay:

Yes I remember the 25" Murphy, weighed about half a ton and put out almost as much heat as a one bar electric fire.

D

Deleted member 1258

There you go - built in anti-theft device too. The burglar would need a forklift!

I used to work in the stores in a small local radio/TV repair shop in the 1970's, I would sometimes have to go out and collect TV's with the delivery driver, a lot of the bigger ones were a two man lift.

vickster

Legendary Member
Don't suppose you had the wherewithal to buy from John Lewis with their 5 year warranty?

Should be easy to avoid plasma TVs now, don't think anyone has made them for a at least a couple of years

OP
OP
mark st1

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Don't suppose you had the wherewithal to buy from John Lewis with their 5 year warranty?

Should be easy to avoid plasma TVs now, don't think anyone has made them for a at least a couple of years

No unfortunately not but my wonderful Ma works for Waitrose and has offered us a £500 kitty as an early Xmas pressie has to be from John Lewis as she gets 12% off tv's so any recommended by anyone ?

vickster

Legendary Member
Try AV forums

I'm happy with my 50" Panasonic LED though. Not an ultra HD job, just a standard Smart TV running sky

Top Bottom