Any TV repair boffins about

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
My tv has developed a fault which I hope isn't terminal. It turns on fine after 2-3 minutes you get the occasional screen flicker after 5 minutes the picture just disappears. Complete black screen but full sound. Un plug it and goes through the same sequence ? Have tried Google to no avail. It's a
Plasma
Model no PS43D490
Approx 4 years old now will be gutted if it's died :angry:

steve50

Disenchanted Member

Milkfloat

An Peanut
With TVs nowadays I am a firm believer in hitting them, if that does not work, hit them harder then buy a new one. I had a quote for a TV repair for a blank screen - over £300. The TV only cost £250 3 years previously.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Does the blank screen just happen when watching TV programmes? Does it also happen if watching e.g. a DVD?

OP
OP
mark st1

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Does the blank screen just happen when watching TV programmes? Does it also happen if watching e.g. a DVD?

Tried it with sky box wii and DVD player same outcome. It's strange as the set is on perfect sound but nothing on the screen works no menu or logo or anything. Turn it off on same cycle happens :wacko:

OP
OP
mark st1

mark st1

Plastic Manc
[QUOTE 4505720, member: 9609"]take the valves out and shine up the connectors[/QUOTE]

Have no idea what that means ?

steve50

Disenchanted Member
[QUOTE 4505720, member: 9609"]take the valves out and shine up the connectors[/QUOTE]

Have no idea what that means ?

Old televisions had valves inside them like these pictured below, some of us are old enough to remember them :smile:
1382548-group-old-radio-valves.jpg

subaqua

What’s the point
Have you tried hitting it hard on the top in the middle as per milk floats advice. That used to sort most problems out on the telly we had when I was growing up. It was a new fanged thing though as it didn't have any valves.

Top Bottom