Any Ukulele players out there?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
C'mon, own-up!

Just got one for my Birthday. Any tips guidance, good tutorials or books?

Turned-out nice again asn't it ....

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Our kid, she's been playing for a couple of years now, more finger picking than chords, she's graded too and sounds great, not bad for a 9 year-old.

Uke's are great fun!

Pottsy

I have one but I have to admit I hardly play it any more due to other pressures on time.

I found Ukulele (check your spelling :thumbsup:) for Dummies from that classic yellow covered series of books, pretty simple and easy to work through.

Best of luck!

Sandra6

Veteran
Mr 6 is big into Ukuleles at the moment, child no 5 is getting one for her birthday.
There are a few websites with tips and learning guides, but the best thing is probably to buy a book of songs that you actually know, so you can tell if you're playing them right.
There is a fantastic clip of a group playing Ra Ra Rasputin on you tube that's worth a watch.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I had one years ago, when I was 18 or 19. I used to love playing it (but I wasn't that good, I have to admit).

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I bought a Uke a few years ago but struggle a bit because I'm used to fat old bass strings.

If I could pass on any advice to a new Uke owner I'd say make sure you're perfectly in tune and if needs be tighten your tuning pegs.

Is cycling not enough to ostracise you?

Best Uke song is Levi's Monkey Mike. Love it!

Also a fairly up to date Uke song

Ha ha just seen same clip above!!

I think I have a bit of a fancy for giving it a go myself.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Not seen that Frank Skinner clip before. Brilliant! That tune right there is enough reason to get a ukulele.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Is cycling not enough to ostracise you?

Best Uke song is Levi's Monkey Mike. Love it!

Also a fairly up to date Uke song

Ha ha just seen same clip above!!

I think I have a bit of a fancy for giving it a go myself.

Do any Ukulele players ever have the Ukulele down by their crotch in a Status Quo style?
Status-Quo-Status-Quo-359951.jpg

Or is it always at chest height?

Top Bottom