Any way to trace this vehicle (make/model eyc)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
It shows up on the .gov.uk VED website no problem. https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-tax
Duh!! Stupid boy (me).....been juxtaposing the VH.
So it appears to be insured which amazes me as its sich a wreck.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Covered only 215 mile between 2007 and 2012.

Then 3,729 mile between 2012 and 2014
Amazing.....its like uncovering a bit of history. Is it possible to trace the owner? Seems a strange question but the car was parked outside the house/flat where we lived when we married in 1968. Moved to Warrington '69

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Was gonna say Amazon, but been beaten to it.

It begat the 144/145 series, which in turn begat the 240 series, so there's a real heritage going on there. Robust, easy to work on, and an excellent parts scene, probably one of the most genuinely practical classics out there. Most variants had the 1.8 B18 motor, so 90 BHP or so and high 20s MPG, enough to keep with modern traffic, but not so thirsty it'd cripple you financially.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Was gonna say Amazon, but been beaten to it.

It begat the 144/145 series, which in turn begat the 240 series, so there's a real heritage going on there. Robust, easy to work on, and an excellent parts scene, probably one of the most genuinely practical classics out there. Most variants had the 1.8 B18 motor, so 90 BHP or so and high 20s MPG, enough to keep with modern traffic, but not so thirsty it'd cripple you financially.
I drove an early 240... what a tank that was.
20 mpg seems good for that....i recall a friend who loaned me his BIG Jag that drank just over 12 mpg.....you could virtually see the needle drop as you drove.

It's now old enough that it won't need an MOT. It'll also be free vehicle excise duty - which it's got.

Basically as long as it's safe to drive it can be as shabby as needed.

Woah. How come it won't need an mot? That's interesting news to me..

Profpointy

Legendary Member
friend of mine had a big jag , he used to say the speedo and the fuel gauge would meet in the middle

A friend of mine had a morris or A35 and the speedo would go up to 70 then if you were downhill it go on to full, with the wind behind you faster still and it would go round to empty

Top Bottom