Any window fitters here ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clid61

Veteran
I bought a house recently and the downstairs batroom window ( sealed unit } wont open. No key fits , the lock appears to be jammed shut any pointers please :smile: Can post pic if needen

Try this hopefully the internal window mechanism isn't Broken

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJvshk0boXU

Adam4868

Guru
Are you sure it's the lock that's jammed ? If it's the spindle you could take the handle of another/same handle and try it...or if the window has jammed shut run something down the seal/around the frame to get it moving ?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
If nothing else works, drill out the barrel of the lock starting with a 5mm dia. drill and using progressively bigger bits until it disintegrates. You can probably get a replacement lock somewhere but it isn't the end of the world if you can't.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Those locks will open with just a flat head screwdriver, usually causing no damage at all. I lost the keys on mine many a year ago.

The pins that are activated by the handle slot into plates on the window frame. These can get corrided/oxidized and can be a right b****r to release. Hard to get at them. You can easily break the handle if you try and force it.

irw

Quadricyclist
I bought a house recently and the downstairs batroom window ( sealed unit } wont open. No key fits , the lock appears to be jammed shut any pointers please :smile: Can post pic if needen

Well that's your secret identity out the window...err, or not...!

Top Bottom