anybody doing the 24hr silverstone event

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm interested - seriously. However, it looks like teams of up to 4 people allowed?
Looks like you are right. It says that the entry fee is £150 if you are riding in a team of 4. Surely that isn't each! Actually, since it is £200 for solo riders then it probably is - strewth!

Correction - it does cost £600 for a 4-rider team!:eek:

And they charge £30 for support team members, and for that reason - I'm out! :hello:

Oh, and they charge for parking too!

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Looks like you are right. It says that the entry fee is £150 if you are riding in a team of 4. Surely that isn't each! Actually, since it is £200 for solo riders then it probably is - strewth!

And they charge £30 for support team members, and for that reason - I'm out! :hello:

Sod that for a game of toy soldiers!

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod

Ouch!

Ron-da-Valli

It's a bleedin' miracle!
I looked at this but my enthusiasm soon waned at the £200 entry fee!! I fancied a 24 hr TT but the local Mersey Roads 24 uses main roads that are busy with HGV's through the small hours. A closed road circuit looks a good alternative though. if only it was cheaper!:sad:

Hope you don't mind me jumping into the thread but I saw this and wanted to respond about the cost. We know it's not the cheapest event out there (understatement!) but the costs associated with staging it are huge, as you can imagine. We therefore know it isn't for everyone but hope it offers value for money - the track and facilities are amazing plus the closed circuit make it ideal for a 24 hour challenge. We're using the exact same facilities the F1 guys use so it should be an amazing and unique experience. We've also worked hard with our charity partners to come up with packages that we hope will open up entry to everyone. Some charities are offering places as low as £20 in return for minimum sponsorship and we've got entrants who have already secured the required sponsorship with 5 months to go.
We love feedback and I'll happily respond to any queries here or you're welcome to email me at tom@thesilverstone24.com.

frank9755

Cyclist
One bit of feedback. When I looked at your website I was looking for one piece of information: the length of the circuit. That is really important for anyone doing a long-distance ride and I could not find it anywhere. The second bit of info, which Robgul hints at above, is how hilly it is. I'd actually assumed it would be flat but it sounds like it isn't, so you need to tell people that.

All the stuff about using the pits and stuff is not that relevant if you are going to be riding a bike - tell your punters about the course!

I have walked and driven silverstone and think riding a bike round would be a great experience especially as you wouldn't have to worry about potholes, drains etc etc, however the price is ridiculas, had it been £200 for a team of four then I would have been willing to shell out £50 for 6 hours riding but when LEL can sort out food and accommodation for 5 days for the same price then this is way over priced.

robgul

Legendary Member
One bit of feedback. When I looked at your website I was looking for one piece of information: the length of the circuit. That is really important for anyone doing a long-distance ride and I could not find it anywhere. The second bit of info, which Robgul hints at above, is how hilly it is. I'd actually assumed it would be flat but it sounds like it isn't, so you need to tell people that.

All the stuff about using the pits and stuff is not that relevant if you are going to be riding a bike - tell your punters about the course!

It is as good as flat as far as I remember (it was an aerodrome!) ... it's the wind that's the big problem as it's so exposed - that just makes it feel like there are steep hills on the into-the-wind directions.

Our experience with the MacRide event that people loved the concept of riding the track ... but other than a very few who blasted round for the whole two hours of track time, most people did a few laps and that was it.

BUT ... watch this space ... we're working on another possible MacRide motor circuit event ... only a few hours, but at a realistic price.

Rob

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
it's the wind that's the big problem as it's so exposed - that just makes it feel like there are steep hills on the into-the-wind directions.
Certainly true when I rode your Mac event there. The wind was constant at about 18 mph for the whole 2 hours. (It was a struggle into it, and as I accelerated up to 18 mph with it, it went totally quiet which suggested that I was keeping up with the moving air.)

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
A colleague at my work has his own charity that is 200 per team, with fundraising on top of that. I will recommend he posts here if their is interest in a board team .

We're now working with quite a number of charities to offer subsidised places from as little as £20 per person (Scope) and £60 for a number of others.
Frank9755 - thanks for the feedback. We're adding to the web-site all the time and really welcome feedback to make sure it covers the information everyone wants. We're using the full Grand Prix circuit which is 3.66 miles long and have just published a circuit guide written by our friends at Mission Motorsport: http://thesilverstone24.com/event-information/silverstone/
The event has also just been confirmed as part of the World Cup of Ultra Cycling with full info on the homepage: http://thesilverstone24.com/
With over 350 entries so far and a further guaranteed 250 charity riders to date we're really excited about the final number we'll get on the starting grid!
There will also be a series of exciting announcements over the coming weeks.

Leodis

Veteran
Turned out to be one big CON

SPORTWORKS COMMERCIAL LIMITED (Today's Score: Suspended) - struck off by Companies House 2010
SPORTWORKS GROUP LIMITED (Today's Score: Suspended) - liquidated 2013
SPORTWORKS UK LIMITED (Today's Score: Suspended) - struck off by Companies House 2010
SPORTWORKS EVENTS LTD (Today's Score: Suspended) - struck off by Companies House 2012
SPORTWORKS JUMPMAT LTD (Today's Score: Suspended) - struck off by Companies House 2012
SPORTWORKS LOGISTICS LIMITED (Today's Score: Suspended)
CANNON HALL RUN LIMITED (Today's Score: 50)
SPORTWORKS EVENTS LTD (Today's Score: 50)
SPORTWORKS LOGISTICS LIMITED (Today's Score: Suspended) - liquidated 2013

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...5&nmt=The+Silverstone+24Hr+Cycling+Grand+Prix

Top Bottom