anybody doing the beach to beach ride in may?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

photography27

hi all, is anybody on here doing the beach to beach bike ride for asthma.co.uk?
bournmouth to brighton in 2 days, i'm on it, seems like a cool ride to do

mark barker

Yepp! Signed up just before xmas, really looking forward to it...

OP
OP
photography27

photography27

oh cool, look forward to meeting you lol, have you done it before?
i'm looking forward to it, think it will be a goodlaugh, and apparently beautiful countryside

mark barker

Never been on a ride with a group before so should be an experience! I've had a brief look at the map and the route does seem to go through some lovely areas, hopefully I'll be going slowly enough to enjoy them (never been accused of riding fast, so can't imagine anything changing over the next few months!). Just started to increase my mileage, and a 70 mile ride isn't too bad, but the day after I'm aching so day two looks like the problem!

OP
OP
photography27

photography27

there is a big difference when cycling with others in a group, you dont seem to need to put in that much effort when keeping up with a group, its like coasting along. what mileage do you do a day?

Pompey Princess

Veteran
Hi Guys

I've never done a ride like this before but quite fancy having a go - will my 14 mile round trip per day give me the legs (and the bum!) to cope with something like this??

Nicky :thumbsup:

mark barker

I do around 25 miles a day, but a fair chunk of that is at a slow speed with kids, so maybe 7 or 8 mph. I'll do 30-40 miles once or twice a week at a slightly faster pace (unless theres an uphill stretch!), but I'm quite happy just cruising along at a leisurely pace.

Nicky, take a look at the facebook page for the ride, theres loads on there that are doing 5 or 6 miles a day, once or twice a week!

Pompey Princess

Veteran
Thanks guys, will take a look at the Facebook page like you suggest and have a good think about it - I'm sure I'd be OK but as I've never done anything like this before, it's a little daunting!

Nicky :thumbsup:

Top Bottom