Anybody else do Trip Advisor reviews?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TrishE

Über Member
Not often but I am about to do one.
Went to the wirral for an early morning walk and planned to eat at a small pub that overlooks the Dee estuary. I realised it was "dog friendly" and when we got there (12:30ish) there were indeed 2 dogs.
Ordered our food and in the 30 minutes it took to arrive the place was heaving with dogs.......smelly & VERY noisy.
I think others should be aware.
Lovely pub....good food....but if you are not a doggy person steer clear.
I'm always on the lookout for places to go which pub is it please? :smile:

Brandane

Legendary Member
I do, only when I've really liked somewhere. I can't be doing with the vitriol that I see on there. Say something nice or nothing at all.
But.... Isn't the whole point of TripAdvisor to share experiences (good or bad) to give other potential customers an insight as to what to expect?
I sometimes leave reviews on places I have been. If it's good, I will say so. Similarly if it's bad, as in the Eat and Drink outlet at Cherwell Valley services, then people deserve to be warned before they waste their money!

subaqua

What’s the point
yes. good bad, middle of the road. most places get a review from me. which reminds me to write up the weekends experiences.

Brandane

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4486132, member: 259"]Blimey, well they took your review seriously. Did you get the vouchers?[/QUOTE]
I didn't supply them with the required address to get the vouchers, on the basis that I will probably never set foot in Cherwell Valley services again; and in any case crap is still crap whether it is free or not.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Level 5...5849 points. Not that I know what that gives me other than a warm feeling of helping others

On way back from London and it was all a bit meh so no reviews

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I have. But only on a few occasions for exceptionally positive places. Can't be bothered with meh or negatives.

TrishE

Über Member
Well thanks to this thread I've found tripadvisor and searched for dog friendly places so next time my sister visits we won't have to eat outside in the cold now winter's on the way. Even left a nice review of somewhere I visited recently too :smile:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I don't do reviews or take any notice of them.

The problem for me is lack of provenance - there is far too much behind the scenes skulduggery about online reviews for them to be of any value - unless you know the reviewer.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I don't do reviews or take any notice of them.

The problem for me is lack of provenance - there is far too much behind the scenes skulduggery about online reviews for them to be of any value - unless you know the reviewer.

Empirical evidence suggests otherwise. We have used TripAdvisor for several years to select accommodation, things to do, restaurants, bars...all sorts of stuff. I cannot think of a single occasion when the spectrum of reviews on TripAdvisor were not representative of what we experienced.

For sure there are the idiots who are expecting a 5* hotel experience in a Travelodge. But once you weed them out and any other outliers, it is really very accurate

Top Bottom