Anybody else dread the wind?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

I'm sitting here loking out the window. The sun is shining...just...through the dark clouds....and the wind is blowing strongly. Hmmm.....should I ride or chicken out? I hate the wind, it seems to chnage direction deliberatly so that on a looped route it is always against me.

....I suppose I should just get out there and deal with it...but.... :eek:

bonj2

I hate the wind aswell.

I'm not exactly in love with it :blush: . I only remember the odd windy day (or two) from when I lived in Yorkshire (or any where else for that matter) but after 12 years living in Lincolnshire I celebrate wind-free days, and why ... ? See my sig :eek: .

Whippet

Was planning to go out this morning..still sat here in my kit.

The sun's out but it's also p1155ing down and blowing a gale, I think we're paying for the two good days of the TDF. I hate wind and I doubly hate wind & rain. But when the sun's out too I think that's just taking the p155. Why not throw in some snow for good measure. Weather, some consistency please.

col

Legendary Member
Im just sorting my long unused bike from the shed now,its pretty good weatherwise at the mo,bet when i get ready i bet it will start blowing a gale :eek:

Keith Oates

Janner
If I can work so that I go out into the and then be with it on the way home then it's not so bad. But a head wind at the end of a hard day at work is not pleasant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tynan

Veteran
lately I get headwind in and tailwind home which is acceptable if wind there must be

it's the one thing I'd get rid of though, rain and hills I can live with

roll on winter

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

...well I grabbed myself by the short and curlies and said...git orf your arse Bigtallfatbloke and stop this feeble winging...I dragged myself out the the garage...took on elast look at the sky and set orf. I decided to leave the waterproof jacket at home, I also rode in only a vest and some skimpy shorts (I know how the ladies of brentwood love that and I really didnt want to let them down)...the wind was a pig...from the west gusting from the north as well.....I told myself...fight this and you will be rewarded in heaven and on the return leg....how wrong can a fatbloke be....the wind Gods saw to it that the return leg delivered winds from the East and the south...as well as a few small showers. But it was very warm at least and the heavy rain didn't arrived until I had done my 38km and shut the garage door behind me again....Ha...foiled the rain God...that'll learn him to mess with Bigtallfatbloke! :eek: :blush:

having sustained cracked ribs in a wind related accident... and also been blown over sideways (still clipped in and holding the bars), i'm none too happy with anything over a slight breeze. being quite light doesn't help either.

where summer b?

L

Lenny

There's an 11 (22 altogether, 11 each way) mile cycle that is quite a nice spin to take along the coast when time short along the coast here in my part of Ireland. Trouble is that we have almost constant south westerlies blowing in from the Atlantic here, which means I'm always fighting against it on the outward leg. 45 minutes out and 20 minutes back is not uncommon.

Brock

After a year of cycle commuting I think I've finally stopped fretting about the wind, it's just part of cycling, sometimes helpful, sometimes not. I actually get home fresher if I've had a stiff headwind because I don't bother trying to fight it, rather just drop a few gears and spin along slow and relaxed. Whereas any slight hint of a tailwind and I'm honking along hell for leather, sweating and gasping because I can't bare not to take advantage of it. :eek:

Top Bottom