Anybody else dread the wind?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
wind

Hate it going into it.Love it when it pushes coming back.Just like Saturday,Pately Bridge to Scarhouse and Angram resoviours.Up hill into wind.Return 15 miles in 45 mins not bad on a Galaxy.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Blue][quote name= said:
Well I've never seen the point in suffering for one's art so I suppose the short answer is no. Actually you work just as hard with the wind behind you. When I did that 100 km trip I probably went about 5 kph faster than usual so I belted along and was just as knackered at the other end. The difference was I was happy and knackered instead of grumpy and knackered.

Blue

Legendary Member
Andy in Sig][quote name= said:
Andy in Sig' said:
Simple solution to dealing with the wind: if it is blowing in the way you're going' date=' ride out or get a train back or vice versa if it is blowing towards your start point. I had a very pleasant 100 km in this way a couple of weekends ago.[/quote']

I've thought of doing that, but does it not feel a bit like cheating :tongue:

Actually you work just as hard with the wind behind you. When I did that 100 km trip I probably went about 5 kph faster than usual so I belted along and was just as knackered at the other end. .

I see your point as I like to beast myself when I have the wind at my back. However, I think it feels great when you have had to work into the wind before getting the pleasure of the high speed trip home. :?:

Top Bottom