Anybody else with EHS or Exploding Head Syndrome?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
No, not a joke! I've had this weird event a couple of times in the last few weeks and it's quite alarming. It happens as I'm drifting off to sleep and I would describe it as a brief brain fart - for half a second it feels as if your brain has gone mad and is misfiring. There's a noise like a big electrical discharge and a palpable sensation too.

I looked it up and sure enough Dr Google explains it perfectly. One of the reasons is thought to be stress, which would fit with my present state in common with most people I think.

Does anybody else get this? How often and what does yours feel like?

A big noise?
I think i would seek medical advice.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
I'm so reassured by what I read online that I won't bother unless it becomes more frequent or more severe.

Anyway I know my GP will just look it up online and as long as I'm breathing and my lips aren't blue he will send me home!

lazybloke

Considering a new username
David Cronenberg made a documentary about it, "Scanners"

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Not quite the same but some definite similarities!

I've got that restless leg syndrome thing, where it feels like static builds up in my leg as I rest, until finally it feels like an electric shock discharges through my hip and all the way down to the ankle, causing my leg to spasm. I can almost hear a crackle or a buzz in my brain when it happens. It only happens in the right leg, and only at bed time as I'm going over.

Lots of exercise helps, (as does alcohol). A quiet, sedentary day brings on an attack generally speaking.

byegad

Legendary Member
I get it very occasionally. I've even asked Lady Byegad if she heard it. The GP said it was nothing to worry about unless it became very frequent. As I also have tinnitus it makes a change to get a boom, rather than a hiss.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Since I first experienced it over a month ago and I'm still alive and kicking I'm not going to call the NHS about it!

Top Bottom