anybody ever bought an ex team GB bike through BCF?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mr Mag00

mr Mag00

rising member
well i took the plunge and bought some mtb wheels, inc tyres, cassette and discs.

walker

good for you, I've never bought anything directly from BC as they only ever have track Bikes. But the classified section has some good bargains

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You'll get a hard ridden but looked after bike though ! Better than an unknown something on ebay......

Doesn't matter what the idiot spent on a bike new, unless they look after it...

Had the misfortune to spend a few weeks with a guy (50 odd year old - didn't like me a youngster of 38 having spent the last 22 years welded to a bike) He was a recent convert to bikes who thought he knew it all - had a Scott MTB - XTR Carbon thingy - very nice top of the range.. and wore Scott kit all the time - you see a trend here folks....... asked me what chain lube I use......

Finish line Professional Dry Lube I say..... he says "sounds expensive".. "erm you have a top of the bolloxx Scott".......".....I use GT85"

That explains why his chainset/chain and cassette wore out. ...talking some pounds here folks.......XTR shoot, wore out on a new bike cos the idiot won't use proper lube.... or look after the thing.... "I take it to the bike shop for a service"....what...it still needs a clean and drive chain system clean.....

The cheeky bugger took the piss for me wearing a helmet....I was too polite to tell him to do one....

Dave5N

Über Member
All the BCF ones always seem built for giants.

Top Bottom