Anybody fancy a pint?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Barbidoll said:
Diamond White and Spesh!!!!Blimey glow worm, thats a serious mixture!!!!! Shame about the bottle of cobra!!! Now sipping a nice ice cold Spesh... Enjoy your tea!!!

I know- a pint of that and you're anybody's. Its' a dangerous mix, especially in Aberystwyth where I was at the time, when a mere sip was enough to make a dip in the Irish Sea seem like a really fine idea. In a Force 9, In November !

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
If the Beer-genie ever visited ma and granted me just 1 beery wish, it would be to sit in one of my favourite Exeter pubs with an original pint of:

[EDIT] Description off t'internet...

Royal Oak Pale Ale

Eldridge Pope & Co., Dorchester, England
Although the brewing water (derived from the brewery's own well) used in Eldridge Pope ales is quite hard, the beers are notably very soft on the palate, which is probably imparted by the malts and multistrain yeast used in the brewing and fermenting stages.

The brewery was first started in the mid-1830s and is most renowned for brewing the world classic Thomas Hardy's Ale. Still, I'm fond of Royal Oak for its deep, copper-golden color with its rocky, sienna-colored head. The aroma and flavor of this English Pale Ale are softer than that of its American counterparts. It has an earthy, buttery bouquet (diacetyl typical of English-style ales) with a waft of English hops in the background. It has a smooth full body with a sweetish, malty flavor, a hint of sultanas and a clean hop bitterness in the finish. It is the benchmark example of an English-style ale.

I have one specially made can still sitting in my study, it's nearly 20 years old... with my last dying sip...

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Fab Foodie said:
If the Beer-genie ever visited ma and granted me just 1 beery wish, it would be to sit in one of my favourite Exeter pubs with an original pint of:

Royal Oak Pale Ale

Eldridge Pope & Co., Dorchester, England
Although the brewing water (derived from the brewery's own well) used in Eldridge Pope ales is quite hard, the beers are notably very soft on the palate, which is probably imparted by the malts and multistrain yeast used in the brewing and fermenting stages.

The brewery was first started in the mid-1830s and is most renowned for brewing the world classic Thomas Hardy's Ale. Still, I'm fond of Royal Oak for its deep, copper-golden color with its rocky, sienna-colored head. The aroma and flavor of this English Pale Ale are softer than that of its American counterparts. It has an earthy, buttery bouquet (diacetyl typical of English-style ales) with a waft of English hops in the background. It has a smooth full body with a sweetish, malty flavor, a hint of sultanas and a clean hop bitterness in the finish. It is the benchmark example of an English-style ale.

I have one specially made can still sitting in my study, it's nearly 20 years old... with my last dying sip...

Flippin' 'eck FF, I just drink Tom Woods 'cos I like it;)

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Had a bottle of Adnams Lighthouse last night - very good! Balanced and extremely satisfying.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Kirstie said:
).
I would like: Farmers Blonde; Herefordshire Pale Ale or any other refreshingly citrussy light bitter which you can drink loads of and not get too drunk (and also that doesn't give you colossal wind...;)).

Thursday night, (OK, I'm posting this retrospectively) so it is time for a pint of Enville Ale Top on the list.

So light it could easily be mistaken for a Lager, but tastes nothing like one. My regular pub seems to have this on regularly now. (if you follow)

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Mmmmm, a bit heavy for a session at 4.5 but looks interesting! I'll keep an eye out for that. A traditional beekeeper's ale, eh? I wonder what they mean by that?

I used to enjoy M&B's Springfield Bitter when I was at Wolverhampton Poly.

If you like this you'll enjoy Moorhouses Blonde Witch:http://www.moorhouses.co.uk/beer_range/beerrange.html

and Copper Dragon Golden Pippin: http://copperdragonbrewery.squarespace.com/cask-ales/

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Globalti said:
I used to enjoy M&B's Springfield Bitter when I was at Wolverhampton Poly.

First time I've seen "M&B's Springfield Bitter" and "Enjoy" in the same sentence. I'd usually even avoid the supposedly better M&B Best. Mild was drinkable in an emergency, though.

Can't get any of these now. And they call it progress. Great innit!!

U

User169

In Spain at the moment, so more of a wine country than a beer country.

Just quaffed a bottle of Estrella Damm Inedit. This has apparently been developed together with Ferran Adria of El Bulli fame. It tastes like a Belgian Wit, just not as good. I've no idea why decent chefs get involved in this kind of nonsense.

Now moving onto Alt-Bamberg Dunkel. Lot's of coffee and roasted malt flavours - lovely!

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
BrumJim said:
First time I've seen "M&B's Springfield Bitter" and "Enjoy" in the same sentence.

Well, I was 18 and it was only 23p a pint in the Union bar!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
ImperialStout.jpg

Gish another, hic! I really love you *sobs* *falls to floor*

Seriously, I've never managed more than four bottles in one session but it is a lovely drop.

Top Bottom