Anybody fancy a pint?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Got any decent tasting non - Alcoholic stuff??

Last time I had non alcoholic beer I was about 15 and it was downright RANCID!!
I just hope things have improved since then!!

Mine's a pint of Pitchfork by RCH just outside Weston-Super-Mare.

Failing that I'll have a Sam Smith's India Ale.

And Adnam's Classic Bitter too...

...and Double Header by RCH, Butcome Bitter, Bengal Lancer by Fullers, Royal Oak by O'Hanlons, Norfolk Bitter by Woodfordes and some more...

...but then again I'm a bearded CAMRA morris-dancing type, in spirit at least.

Mad Doug Biker said:
Got any decent tasting non - Alcoholic stuff??

Last time I had non alcoholic beer I was about 15 and it was downright RANCID!!
I just hope things have improved since then!!

Yeah I seem to remember doing that...Was it Kalibar?

Im on the tea again after yet another hairy commute....Loads of boy racers about.

Bayerd

Über Member
Headgardener said:
Not certain if this is allowed <looks round nervously> but I would be up for a bottle of Crabbies Original alchoholic ginger beer should one be going.

Not at that price, make you're own for about 20p a pint, it's dead easy.

Start by getting a sanitised jar and add water(say 100ml), sugar and ginger powder in equal measure (say 5ml). Add about 5gm yeast, owt will do. Then each day for a week, add 1 teaspoon ginger powder & 2 teaspoons of sugar.

After a week boil 2 pints of water and dissolve a pound of sugar in it. If you like it fiery add a pinch of chilli powder. Strain the yeast 'plant' into the mixture. Add the juice of 2 lemons/limes. Pour into a demijohn, add several pints of water until it's full. Stick an airlock on, wait a week until the airlock's stopped bubbling, syphon into bottles, seal, wait a week, drink.

Now here's the best bit, once you've strained your ginger plant, split it 2, add water to each, then start the process again. Give one of your plants to a friend and tell them what to do with it....

By the way, I'm currently enjoying home brewed ale that's been conditioning in the bottle for the past 3 weeks.

Cheers!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
hackbike 666 said:
Yeah I seem to remember doing that...Was it Kalibar?

Im on the tea again after yet another hairy commute....Loads of boy racers about.

I can't remember what it was, but it might have been, yes.

Now tea, there's an idea!

I'm currently looking for a helmet at the moment that looks as close to a baseball cap as I can get (if such a thing exists). Ended up looking at Equestrian things ( :evil: ) where they seem to have got a LOT more styles than we do, but they are still a bit bulky!

By the way, I've found the helmet I'll wear when I get along to a Tweed Run - it's a Bowler/Derby hat but there's actually a helmet built inside it ;) (just like there's a Wild West style Stetson that's the same).

Who said helmets can't be elegant?

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Cor! I'd have one if I rode a nag. I bet there's a firm in London who supply those for the carriage driving fans.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Hmm, one or two of those Western ones look nice.

Designed to withstand a hard fall off a high horse and apparently stronger than a cycle helmet too.

Annyway, moving swiftly on ....

Top Bottom